• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

compatibility view needed from 2.3 using ie9?

GoTTi

microsoft created tags to set compatibility mode if needed by a site as they know their bowser's not much good.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

microsoft created tags to set compatibility mode if needed by a site as they know their bowser's not much good.

LOL, that gave me a good laugh. Been banging my head against the wall the last couple days trying to make Jquery UI "look" smooth in IE 8/9. Unfortunately, 60% of the world still uses that turd so we still have to think about them. Compatibility mode helps but still doesn't look as nice.

i only use IE. i never use FF. i only noticed this actually because i logged into my admin on my htc evo 3d and i saw the graphs and jumped back like WHA...then did the test and there it was on FF and compat mode....no bueno

Recently, I installed a contribution that was wrote and tested on a windows 7/ IE9 computer. when I tested IE8 compatibility, contribution stopped working. Is there some way of making the IE8 understand?

Timmy C

its quite easy & convenient to accused IE for any problem but the matter of fact is this particular issue, ie, the charts on the admin home page do not show, is due to script errors related to the two charts - the coder(s) fail to foresee the progress IE would have made and should have used a IF condition to test. in fact, after the fix (see attached screenshot), using ie compatibility mode would see the opposite. the attached shows IE (v9.0.8112.16421).

admin-chart-ie9.jpg

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived