• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modules > Header Tags. Question.

katman1971

Hi

Regarding the header tags section in the admin area, I understand that it adds the category/ manufacturer/ product description to the page title but I don't understand the sort order.....

I understand what sort order does but how does changing the sort order in this section affect the website? Is there any documentation on this? looked but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Sort order only has an effect when you have more than one module that affects the same field. If you only have one module selected, the sort order just needs to be something other than zero.

For more header tags module see the Modular SEO Header Tags link in my sig.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not a PHP expert and I need your good will to help me out with an issue I got with the Header Tags Seo.

I did install the Header Tags contribution from osCommerce Solution and everything is very fine. Just one little problem that I know can be solve easily.

I’m using the Product Description –Insert and the Product Keywords – Insert at the admin/Modules/Header Tags.

As you know, both fields are available for me to type the description and keywords manually for the product in the admin content.

When I type the description and keywords in their corresponding fields and save, only the description is recorded but the keywords isn’t. The keywords insert field returns BLANK as you never wrote anything there.

The only way to record the keywords content is doing it manually in the MySQL data base, by the “products_description/head_keywords” value, and that is what I’m being doing since I installed the contribution. I think it’s time for me to fix the issue to focus on the admin content only.

I checked every corner in the uploaded files and I couldn’t find anything wrong.

My only option is trying to find an answer here.

I will appreciate your help.

Another problem I have is with the language. I’m using English and Spanish. As you know the admin display two fields for me to type the information in both languages. At first works fine. You can tell when you see the source page, but if you go back to the product to edit quantity or any other task, all of sudden you will notice that the content in Spanish change to English, making me re-type the Spanish content every time I have to edit the product or any product in general.

samples.html

The fix for the Keywords bug was posted in the support thread. I'll upload a fix when I get a chance. You do know that keywords are completely useless, right?

I can't duplicate your second problem. I have the Spanish language pack installed on a test site, and the text shows up where it is supposed to in the Description boxes. I can't think of any way that this could happen, so I can only suggest that you check that all of the files are in the right places and none are corrupt.

Regards

Jim

The fix for the Keywords bug was posted in the support thread. I'll upload a fix when I get a chance. You do know that keywords are completely useless, right?

I can't duplicate your second problem. I have the Spanish language pack installed on a test site, and the text shows up where it is supposed to in the Description boxes. I can't think of any way that this could happen, so I can only suggest that you check that all of the files are in the right places and none are corrupt.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim, I guess i will take the keywords insert function away since is useless

About the language issue. I did what you said about checking for corrupted files 3 days ago. Actually I did a lot research and so on to figure what’s happening with the language before posting any of that here. Overall, it's just a weird nonsense mystery because my Spanish language works super fine at every single field in the entire application, except for the Description Insert field.

All I want is to do the right thing to make my products visible to the public and start generating traffic without having many contributions installed in the oscommerce. Just basic, nice and easy. I know the rest have to be done through other sources like Google Base data feeds, add word, virtual directories, social media and so on.

Could be possible to work with you hand to hand in what I need?

Regards,

Paul.

I can only do so much. I can't duplicate your problem, and you've already tried everything I can think of. Unless you can tell me something else that I don't know about this problem, there's nothing more I can do.

Regards

Jim

I can only do so much. I can't duplicate your problem, and you've already tried everything I can think of. Unless you can tell me something else that I don't know about this problem, there's nothing more I can do. Regards Jim

Alright Jim, thank you for your time anyway. Have a good one.

I can only do so much. I can't duplicate your problem, and you've already tried everything I can think of. Unless you can tell me something else that I don't know about this problem, there's nothing more I can do.

Regards

Jim

Regards

Jim

Can you by any chance point me in the right direction to find the fix for the keywords insert issue?

Regards,

Paul.

See the support thread for the patch, or download the latest release and use that. The links are in my sig.

Regards

Jim

Archived