• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which Guest Checkout contribution for 2.3.1 ? please advise

vampirehunter

im looking for the best guest checkout contribution for 2.3.1

preferably one that is working and that will require minimal changes.

i can deal with a few coding changes, but anything major is unnacceptable.

please advise, its hard to tell which is the most logical one to use in the contributions sections, a lot of have got either errors or other problems.

please advise

apparently the Assault T shirts store has got an oscommerce guest checkout but can't find out what contribution they have used.

You can use PWA or Simple Checkout

apparently the Assault T shirts store has got an oscommerce guest checkout but can't find out what contribution they have used.

They don't use osCommerce , that store is using Magento.

Have added PWA to many sites, not by upload and overwriting files mind you...by doing manual file edits...and it works just fine....

Have not tried the Simple Checkout one yet.

I have also manually installed PWA and it works flawless in 2.3.1. But not sure anymore if I had to make little adjustments.

the PWA

when a customer goes through guest checkout, does it actually create a temporary account or an account in admin which you have to delete later on, or is it properly done, so a customer just buys something and thats it? they will get a confirmation email and thats it?

also, there are several versions listed, 2.1. auto installers for 2.13., 2.14 and 2 fixes which need putting in.

can someone tell me which order to install this contribution in, ie, which is the main file to install and which fixes to install.

last time i screwed up my oscommerce when hacking core code!

please advise!

when a customer goes through guest checkout, does it actually create a temporary account or an account in admin which you have to delete later on, or is it properly done, so a customer just buys something and thats it? they will get a confirmation email and thats it?

It does temporary add the data to the customers database table. As soon as the order is made it gets deleted and added to the order database table. The only thing which is a problem is when a customer breaks up during checkout process and deletes his browser's cache and cookies and so on, then it won't delete his data in the customers table.

Have added PWA to many sites, not by upload and overwriting files mind you...by doing manual file edits...and it works just fine....

Have not tried the Simple Checkout one yet.

Is there information on here that would help me figure out how to edit the files to work for 2.3.1? I have seen the "PWA works for 2.3.1" related threads but they didn't seem to do me any good.

I have PWA on my 2.2rc2 shops and the only reason I haven't converted my shops to 2.3.1 is I haven't been able to figure out what needs to be done to make this (PWA) work for 2.3.1

Archived