• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing Option Types 2.3.1

doon1947

I have an unmodified version of OSC 2.3.1 installed and working.

I want to add Option Types 2.3.1 but do not understand the limited instructions.

There is an install.txt file which shows how to modify the exisiting OSC files, that I understand, but what are the files in the directory "Drop-on-Top-files" for. What do I do with them

@@doon1947

The manual installation text is so you can add the contribution to an already modified website. The drop on time files are so you can replace your files on an UN-modified website (a new installation). Which one you choose depends on the status of your current store.

Chris

I have installed Option Types 2.3.1 but when I go to Admin -> Products Attributes, in the Product Options area the table headings are not loaded and the columns show "error"

@@doon1947

I have installed Option Types 2.3.1 but when I go to Admin -> Products Attributes, in the Product Options area the table headings are not loaded and the columns show "error"

Then you have made a code edit error. Check your code again.

Chris

@@doon1947

Then you have made a code edit error. Check your code again.

I didn't edit any code, just uploaded the files from the "drop on top" directory, is that not what I was supposed to do?????????

• 6 months later...

The install instructions are not very thorough. Can anyone help please?

I have a modified version of OSC 2.3.1. To install do I need to perform the following steps in this sequence? :

1) Change the code in all of the various files as per install.txt

2) Copy the folder "catalog/admin/Attribumanager AddOn/attributemanager" into /catalog/admin on my website.

3) drop the file in /catalog/includes/classes into /catalog/includes/classes in my website.

4) Run the Sql in "OptionTypes v2 SQL.sql"

What about the file: catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_standard.php ? This is not mentioned in install.txt, do I have to compare this version of the file to my current version of this file and add the missing stuff?

If this is the case is there anything else missing from install.txt?

BTW I am prepare to pay someone a reasonable fee to install this if that is easier...

The install instructions are not very thorough. Can anyone help please?

I have a modified version of OSC 2.3.1. To install do I need to perform the following steps in this sequence? :

1) Change the code in all of the various files as per install.txt

2) Copy the folder "catalog/admin/Attribumanager AddOn/attributemanager" into /catalog/admin on my website.

3) drop the file in /catalog/includes/classes into /catalog/includes/classes in my website.

4) Run the Sql in "OptionTypes v2 SQL.sql"

What about the file: catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_standard.php ? This is not mentioned in install.txt, do I have to compare this version of the file to my current version of this file and add the missing stuff?

If this is the case is there anything else missing from install.txt?

@@ciarandeb

The paypal_standard.php file is included only if you intend to use PayPal standard as your payment gateway. There are changes to the file to reflect the options in the description in the supplied file.

As for the other steps, yes you must complete them as instructed.

Chris

Thanks.

Just to be clear I worked out the steps 1), 2), 3) and 4) above by quickly looking at the files etc. and guessing. There are no actual instructions included with the add-on except install.txt which lists the file changes. I was not at all sure that I have got this right so hence this question.

• 6 months later...

Hi Lee,

Yes it does work does need a bit of tweaking had a problem with the catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

could not merge but will be trying again shortly

So I used the original from rc2 download

The attribute manager extra if you are using also needs a small bit of tweaking would suggest you go to the forums

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=338661

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• 11 months later...

Additionally to get the sort to work on product option value sort order, I had to change :-

This

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$ProdOpt_ID . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.products_options_sort_order");

to this

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pov.products_options_values_sort_order, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$ProdOpt_ID . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.products_options_sort_order, pov.products_options_values_sort_order");

Archived