• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

webpage has redirect loop?

RayKing

Thanks in advance for help. I installed software and am testing it. I get all the way to the delivery screen. I only have 1 option for delivery. When I hit the button I get the following:

This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage at

http://pinupsandlace.com/store/?slug=checkout_payment.php&error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order.

has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

My site is www.pinupsandlace.com. The software is under "store" at top menu.

• 4 weeks later...

argh - me too... i'm using the wordpress plugin version of oscommerce...

have looked at cookies, checkout_confirmation.php, triple checked all paypal settings...

still get:

in chrome:

The webpage at http://mysite.com/gallery-store/?slug=checkout_payment.php&error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order. has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

in firefox:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

just want it to work so i can finish this job :D

ok, well for what it's worth... after MORE little tweaks... it turns out it was that "stock" control was on, and at whatever point there was no stock "added" for the test product, so i guess it was looking to checkout a product that had 0 stock and couldn't find it...

turned off that control and all seems to work ok.

in case anyone else runs into that issue. I imagine it's similar for non-WP versions.

Archived