• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

We need a mod for FedEx module (might work for other moduless as well)

We need a mod which is partly site specific but also has better error reporting which could be useful to other people as well.

We are in a very small wholesale niche market and have just 4 competitors so we need to adjust shipping rates to areas where our competitors are located.

The first part of the mod is probably specific to our store: we want to adjust shipping quotes up or down by a different percentage for each method.

We'd also like better error reporting so people may find sections 2, 3 and 4 useful and I'm happy to post the code once this is done. The details of the mod we need is below.

Can anyone help or have a suggestion how we could find someone who can do this for us?

We already have a small mod I wrote which lets us adjust all shipping rates to specific US states up or down. I assume this could be customized to work anywhere if someone needs to adjust rates to different locations.

It is very basic. We've used it with both UPS and FedEx and I'd guess it would work with other shipping modules as well. I'm happy to pass it on.

Thank you!

We get a variable from FedEx called $quotes. It contains the array below. xx.xxx stands for actual numbers, i.e. 2.45 lbs and cost $ 7.808. Tax is an existing variable. Numbers are rounded later.

Array ( [0] => Array ( [id] => fedexwebservices [module] => FedEx: x package(s) with a total weight of x.xx lbs

[methods] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [id] => FEDEXGROUND [title] => Fedex Ground [cost] => xx.xxxx ) [1] => Array ( [id] => FEDEXEXPRESSSAVER [title] => Fedex Express Saver [cost] => xx.xxxx ) [2] => Array ( [id] => FEDEX2DAY [title] => Fedex 2 Day [cost] => xx.xxxx ) [3] => Array ( [id] => STANDARDOVERNIGHT [title] => Standard Overnight [cost] => xx.xxxx ) [4] => Array ( [id] => PRIORITYOVERNIGHT [title] => Priority Overnight [cost] => xx.xxxx ) [5] => Array ( [id] => FIRSTOVERNIGHT [title] => First Overnight [cost] => xx.xxxx ) ) [tax] => xx.xxxx [icon] => ) )

(1) For each of these shipping methods let me increase or decrease the cost $ xx.xxxx by a set percentage. We'll hard code the percentages ourselves as we don't want to make further changes to the store so we can upgrade more easily.

(2) If one of the 6 shipping methods is missing continue and display the available methods to the customer. Send me an email with the customer's name, address, email address, order and the name of the missing shipping method plus the names and $ cost of the available shipping methods so we can contact the customer if he does not complete the order.

(3) We have to assume that the name of one or more of the shipping methods may change. If that happens we are stuck. Send me an email with the customer's name, address, email address, order and the names of all available shipping methods and cost. Display a message to the customer saying "Sorry, shipping quotes are not available right now. We will contact you as soon as possible with shipping quotes."

(4) If Fedex sends an error message send me an email with the customer's name, address, email address and order. Display a message to the customer saying "Sorry, shipping quotes are not available right now. We will contact you as soon as possible with shipping quotes."

`

Edited by petercascio