• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS options

I finally got my USPS shipping module set up, but I noticed that most of the time the only option it gets a price for is Library Mail. I need to get rid of that option. Is it just a matter of deleting or commenting out the option in the list in the usps.php module? The only place I have seen the options listed is in that file in an array that I am guessing tells it what shipping options to get quotes for. Is this correct?

There are no options to choose from in Admin. There is only the place for user ID, password, handling fee, tax class, shipping zone, and sort order.

You're using an old version of the USPS shipping module. USPS removed password requirements over a year ago. If there are no options avaliable in admin, it means the module was installed incorrectly. Uninstall the module from Modules -> Shipping -> United States Postal Service before attempting any other changes.

What version of osCommerce are you using? Which USPS module are you presently using? Depending on the above, I recommend the following updated USPS modules:

2.2MS2 - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487/v,22 (ver. 5.2.2 COMPLETE)

2.2RC2a - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8403/v,22 (most recent ver.)

2.3+ - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327/v,23 (USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7 - FIX)

If clicking "Install Module" is installing incorrectly, I don't know how it can be done correctly. The module I was using was the stock osC 2.3.1 module.

I installed the USPS Rate V4 version you linked to. It works, but there are a lot of modifications to other files that concerns me. And it killed a modification I did combining the checkout_shipping and checkout_payment pages. Clicking "Continue" now just reloads the page instead of continuing to checkout_confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...

You're using an old version of the USPS shipping module. USPS removed password requirements over a year ago. If there are no options avaliable in admin, it means the module was installed incorrectly. Uninstall the module from Modules -> Shipping -> United States Postal Service before attempting any other changes.

What version of osCommerce are you using? Which USPS module are you presently using? Depending on the above, I recommend the following updated USPS modules:

2.2MS2 - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487/v,22 (ver. 5.2.2 COMPLETE)

2.2RC2a - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8403/v,22 (most recent ver.)

2.3+ - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327/v,23 (USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7 - FIX)

My USPS shipping option list is as follows:

Enable USPS Shipping

Do you want to offer USPS shipping?

True

False

Enter the USPS User ID

Enter the USPS USERID assigned to you.

Enter the USPS Password

See USERID, above.

Handling Fee

Handling fee for this shipping method.

Tax Class

Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.

--none--Taxable Goods

Shipping Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.

--none--Florida

Sort Order

Sort order of display.

My version is 2.3.1. and everything indicates it's a clean install. If I use the downloads you suggest, will this correct the issues I'm having with this Module?

If clicking "Install Module" is installing incorrectly, I don't know how it can be done correctly. The module I was using was the stock osC 2.3.1 module.

I installed the USPS Rate V4 version you linked to. It works, but there are a lot of modifications to other files that concerns me. And it killed a modification I did combining the checkout_shipping and checkout_payment pages. Clicking "Continue" now just reloads the page instead of continuing to checkout_confirmation.

Funny thing about the install button is that you have to use the uninstall button prior to replacing any files, edits, or other things to the USPS module. It was a costly mistake that experienced a few years ago that I could only fix with a line-by-line database comparison. Glad to hear that it works, but as for the mod kill I do not know how you've altered the shipping/payment pages. I'm just somewhat familiar with vanilla installs and modded osC 2.2.

My USPS shipping option list is as follows:

Enable USPS Shipping

Do you want to offer USPS shipping?

True

False

Enter the USPS User ID

Enter the USPS USERID assigned to you.

Enter the USPS Password

See USERID, above.

Handling Fee

Handling fee for this shipping method.

Tax Class

Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.

--none--Taxable Goods

Shipping Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.

--none--Florida

Sort Order

Sort order of display.

My version is 2.3.1. and everything indicates it's a clean install. If I use the downloads you suggest, will this correct the issues I'm having with this Module?

It should. A support thread for the links I provided is located here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/383307-usps-rate-v4-intl-rate-v2-official-support-thread/

having same issue as chemist4, only library mail is being displayed.

• OSC 2.3.1
  • installing USPS module through admin
  • have user name and password from USPS in production
  • have zip code set
  • have weight for product
  • have sate set
  • confirmed the USPS descriptions were coorect from USPS

I really don't want to use an add-on and I actually tried methods and USPS Rate. The first didn't allow me to install and the second basically made my site not exist. On both occasions removed shipping module first.

Been plugging away at this for awhile and can't find an answer. It's working, but only library mail shows up that's why I figured the descriptions were wrong.

at a loss on this one

• 2 weeks later...

having same issue as chemist4, only library mail is being displayed.

• OSC 2.3.1
  • installing USPS module through admin
  • have user name and password from USPS in production
  • have zip code set
  • have weight for product
  • have sate set
  • confirmed the USPS descriptions were coorect from USPS

I really don't want to use an add-on and I actually tried methods and USPS Rate. The first didn't allow me to install and the second basically made my site not exist. On both occasions removed shipping module first.

Been plugging away at this for awhile and can't find an answer. It's working, but only library mail shows up that's why I figured the descriptions were wrong.

at a loss on this one

I installed the USPS Rate v4 and it works well. It allows you to choose which services are offered, though if you are not familiar with the options by title it won't mean much. But you can choose not to offer Library rate so it won't show up.

Also, all of the modifications to the checkout_shipping page are only needed if you choose the other services in the module. This is one of Jetta's (fulluvscents) add-ons, and she likes her jquery. So if you don't want to bother with the extras (and unless you already know what they are since there is no meaningful description provided), you can just leave that part out and install the module the usual way:

Uninstall the current USPS module, upload the new files to their appropriate places, then install the new module. If you replace the files before you uninstall, you will have to put the old files back, uninstall, then upload the new ones again. I'm sure we've all done it at least once.

as for the mod kill I do not know how you've altered the shipping/payment pages. I'm just somewhat familiar with vanilla installs and modded osC 2.2.

All I did was move some of the code from checkout_payment to the checkout_shipping page to get both functions on one page. It was working until I did those modifications. I undid it all when I installed Jetta's Simple Checkout, but since that add-on has a lot of problems I am trying it again. Unfortunately, there is a problem. I can't find any documentation about the actual functioning of osC to figure out how the forms are processed, and I really don't know enough to figure it out myself. The payment selection does not appear to be saved, but it tries to redirect to checkout_shipping from checkout_confirmation as if it is the shipping method that is not being passed through. So maybe the form is not being processed, but I don't know where the code is to process the form.

If I can get this working I will post it as an add-on.

Archived