• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

does google checkout work on 2.3?

GoTTi

near the end of my old store i was using google checkout on it and it was working great. does it work on 2.3? i havent installed it or tried it yet...

what payment gateways or companies are you guys using to process payments. paypal is out of the question for me.

i installed google checkout ipn v1.2.2 and its working on 2.3....just a issue though...

im using the sandbox right now and its processing the order when i do the checkout process to the google checkout. its not waiting for the payment to be made and waiting for the return from google to the store to confirm payment.

i think i had to do something to make this work right. when i set the settings in the google sandbox for the api callback url to http://www.site.com/google_ipn.php its not returning there after i do the test payment. it just says payment accepted and click here to return to test store and the link goes to checkout_success.php

if i remember years ago when i was using this i had to do something to the script or the google settings to make sure it automatically returned to the store with the complete process order code or whatever and that it truly activated the order as paid for and set the status properly for me....i cant remember at all what i had to do to make it work right. please help if you can. thanks

@@DunWeb did you get my PM about this? which version of google checkout do you use? and does it return the customer back to the store and activate the order like its suppose to or does it auto record it without having to be returned? thanks for your help

@DunWeb did you get my PM about this? which version of google checkout do you use? and does it return the customer back to the store and activate the order like its suppose to or does it auto record it without having to be returned? thanks for your help

@@DunWeb i just want to know which version of google checkout your using for the installs. i am using the one on the addons for IPN. i have noticed it doesnt have the google checkout button on everypage like it use to before. can you just let me know which one your using or if its a special one that maybe isnt released yet. thanks.

I have setup GC on multiple 2.3 installs, using http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4556 . I think I actually used the version hosted on GoogleCode. I belive there was some minor tweaking, it was awhile back.

does your google checkout button show on every page? also which version is hosted on google code? i dont understand what you mean by that. right now i have the ipn one installed and its working actually right with no problems, but i think i have to have the actual google checkout button on every page of the checkout process to be valid. so i want to make sure i have that right....

man i wish my old hd was working this sucks!

but i did get the ipn to work. the store is processing the orders when a customer goes to google checkout to pay, and i installed the extra mod to record the order. so when the customer actually pays thats when the order is really paid for which is a good thing. i think i use to have it setup that way before....i just cant remember ;(

i dont understand why there isnt a update to a full functional working google checkout payment option here. its a great service. it worked perfect for me before and they have changed some things up to better the seller actually...from what i see now i think its much easier to use.

just wierd that no one will actually update this mod to work for 2.3...more focused on paypal and their BS. to those just using paypal...wait until they put ur money on hold for 180 days and block ur account...alwys good to have other options setup in place to just slide on in your store front so there isnt much downtime.

• 2 months later...

i just got google checkout working on shared hostgator account. now im a happy camper....why wont anyone support google checkout for this cart? it makes NO sense!

I had to laugh when I saw this, 9 posts asking for help and then 1 saying I got it working with no details as to the changes required.

Looks like @@GoTTi expects everyone else to support it but not him.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I had to laugh when I saw this, 9 posts asking for help and then 1 saying I got it working with no details as to the changes required.

Looks like @@GoTTi expects everyone else to support it but not him.

G

Your last statement makes no sense. I never UPDATED this OUTDATED thread. I did say how to get it to work here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/272825-offical-google-checkout-module-for-oscommerce-support-thread/page__st__1180

But hey, atleast you got a "laugh" out of this thread.

Hi

regonise that from somewhere wait until they put ur money on hold for 180 days and block ur account.

Did happen to me £1000 from my mother good that you found out might need one day again

John :D

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived