• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

did any one's sale's and user accounts drop off end of last week?

itismejoshy

hey all, been up and running great for over a year, running 2.3.1 all of a sudden since last week my sales and signups has dropped alot! my traffic is the same, just not as many sales. got a few random email saying they can't sign up but nothing crazzy. did IE9 update? maybe?

@@itismejoshy

I E did update 2 weekends ago. There is a bug that is affecting the buttons on some older websites. You should check to see if your continue / more details / info and buy now buttons are working with IE

Chris

@@itismejoshy

I am not aware of a standard installation of v2.3.1 being effected by the IE update. If you are using a template, then the coder may have not used updated coding practices for the buttons.

Chris

i noticed lastnight that my add to cart buttons werent working. that was because i had custom code in the description some of the items that was somehow disabling the buttons, i had this problem years ago and forgot, but thankfully i tested some items lastnight before i got further into my 2000+ item inventory list. just removed the code i didnt really need anymore, which somehow im eventually going to have to add in there and now they work....

what version of IE is having a problem? and what are you doing so i can try and duplicate this. last thing i need is orders not coming in because of a browser update.

@@GoTTi

The update didn't effect default osCommerce buttons. It mostly had an effect on templates were the template creator used non standard code for the buttons.

Chris

it apears that IE8 is fine, but i am getting reports from customers or potential customers saying when they press the "Continue" button nothing happens and so far they are all using IE9 and this started last FRI. looking at the code and don't see anything crazzy....kinda lost....

Archived