• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pricing questions amoung other things.

samcoinc

I have been looking at oscomerce and had installed it last year to play with..

Few questions,

1 - Can oscomerce do fixed/variable pricing (some times called linear pricing).. ie - setup charge + per piece charge. say there is a setup charge of $200 and per piece of $10. So if someone orders 20 parts - the price would be 20*10+200

2 - I had added an addin where customers would only see thier parts. Is that still out there?

3 - could admin be setup to see groups of customers? To manage their parts?

Am I making any sense? ;)

thanks!

• 9 months later...

@@samcoinc

Yes. osCommerce can be coded to do what you want it to do. I am not aware of any current contributions that would show the exploded parts but that too could be coded.

Chris

Is your setup charge a once-per-order thing or a once-for-all-time thing? In the former case you can get through to

admin > Modules > Shipping > Flat Rate > Edit > Shipping Cost

By 'Edit' I mean the little triangle that is to the right of 'Flat Rate'. On the Paypal page, in the UK, this is called 'postage & packing'. In the USA it is, I think, called 'shipping & handling'.

no - it would be once per item. Like I say - each item has a fixed and varable price. IE - fixed of $200 and variable of .5 so if the customer orders 100 parts it is 100*.5+200 or $250 the next item might be fixed of $120 and variable of .25 and so on..

thanks

sam

Is your setup charge a once-per-order thing or a once-for-all-time thing? In the former case you can get through to

admin > Modules > Shipping > Flat Rate > Edit > Shipping Cost

By 'Edit' I mean the little triangle that is to the right of 'Flat Rate'. On the Paypal page, in the UK, this is called 'postage & packing'. In the USA it is, I think, called 'shipping & handling'.

Archived