• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Allowing a restricted admin

miscmiss

hi.. I am not technical with php - but I need help with the basic admin of running a business and want to give RESTRICTED admin access to an assistant. Is this possible?

Also I would like to outsource someone to help maximise my sight/ functions (perhaps via odesk or elancer) but am worried of course about security issues.

Thank you!

MM

There is a add-on for that.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Also I would like to outsource someone to help maximise my sight/ functions (perhaps via odesk or elancer) but am worried of course about security issues.

There will be a security issue when anyone works on your site since you provinding them with access to it. Depending upon what access is needed and your host, you may be able to create temporary logins that will reduce that risk. I wouldn't recommend either of those sites though. While I'm sure there are very talented programers there, many do not, based on my expeirence in cleaning up after them, do not undestand oscommerce and they end up making changes that seem to work but are not quite right. This, of course, is a gneeralization. Be sure to ask whoever you dedice upon to show they understand oscommerce code. You would probably be better off using the services of some of the posters on this site that do that sort of work. There are many here that do that sort of work and most know their way around the oscommerce code.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks perhaps then I will just educate myself more and leave it to my original and local programer whom I trust to do the changes..

So what search terms should i use when looking for the add on?

Archived