• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Side Columns Disappeared

srfrantz

background: We're trying to move a oscommerce 2.2 installation to a new server. the old host is not willing to provide any assistance. we do have access to the current versions admin.

my associate installed a new oscom 2.3 on our host using SimpleScripts.

http://www.northernlightshosting.net/testingrounds/oscommerce/index.php

while I downloaded a backup of the db from the current admin.

I used phpMyAdmin to import the data into the new version db.

I expected some fields to not match up...but for the most part everything looks good...

however both the side columns disappeared.

can't seem to find any configuration values in the db tables for this.

the column_right.php and column-left.php files don't exist in the 2.3 version.

but I found what looks like where the code calls the constructor for the columns but no idea where to find where to set the correct values so they get constucted. much less how the imported data turned them off.

top of the template_top.php file:

$oscTemplate->buildBlocks();
 if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left')) {
$oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());
 }
 if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_right')) {
$oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());
 }

and template_bottom.php file:

<?php
if ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left')) {
?>
<div id="columnLeft" class="grid_<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth(); ?> pull_<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth(); ?>">
 <?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('boxes_column_left'); ?>
</div>
<?php
}
if ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_right')) {
?>
<div id="columnRight" class="grid_<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth(); ?>">
 <?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('boxes_column_right'); ?>
</div>
<?php
}
?>

thanks for your help.

@@srfrantz

The 2.3.1 download contains an UPGRADE GUIDE with detailed instructions on how to update your current RC2a site to v2.3.1. However, you will have to ensure you are currently using an RC2a installation. The RC2a database is not compatible with v2.3.1, so you will have to integrate the database manually.

Chris

thanks Chris! that upgrade guide will be helpful for other issues I'm sure.

since I used Simple Scripts to install I didn't have the download to look for notes and readmes and other docs...I do now. o:)

here's how I fixed the issue for the layout problem.

I simply installed another fresh install of the 2.3 version, cleared the configuration table from the new store one and imported the data table for just the new configuration from the blank new one.

this restored all the default layout options and any new fields that were required by 2.3.

since there was no product or store data in this table I was ok on this one.

I had been assuming that importing the entire database backup from the old 2.2 live store would append new data but it appears it completely replaced all tables in the 2.3

luckily so far I haven't run into more issues.

:sweating:

that guide will help if/when I come across any new or changed fields in the product or category data. Thanks!

Archived