• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP - Browser Compatibility Issue - Different Colour Text Links

GINAG

I have my retail website set up looking perfectly in line with my CSS files in IE - with a black background and all my link text in white with a hover over colour of taupe. Looked in Firefox earlier, and was horrified to find that all my link text is dark blue making it almost invisible on the black background. The hover over colour is taupe as it should be - however, visited links change to a dark purple - which again is not a good feature on a site with black background. I then looked in Chrome - and the same problem exists - then decided to run a test across browsers - most coming back with the same problem. I'm pretty sure that this was not an issue in the past - and definitely wasn't on Firefox.

I am assuming this must be a cross browser compatibility issue - but am not totally sure - could possibly be a .css issue - there are five stylesheets on the site - and have vague recollections of renaming one of them in a file a short while back.

Any advise or pointers would be gratefully received - I really have not idea where to start in putting it right.

Many thanks,

G

I have my retail website set up looking perfectly in line with my CSS files in IE - with a black background and all my link text in white with a hover over colour of taupe. Looked in Firefox earlier, and was horrified to find that all my link text is dark blue making it almost invisible on the black background. The hover over colour is taupe as it should be - however, visited links change to a dark purple - which again is not a good feature on a site with black background. I then looked in Chrome - and the same problem exists - then decided to run a test across browsers - most coming back with the same problem. I'm pretty sure that this was not an issue in the past - and definitely wasn't on Firefox.

I am assuming this must be a cross browser compatibility issue - but am not totally sure - could possibly be a .css issue - there are five stylesheets on the site - and have vague recollections of renaming one of them in a file a short while back.

Any advise or pointers would be gratefully received - I really have not idea where to start in putting it right.

Many thanks,

G

PLEASE IGNORE - I HAVE NOW FIXED THE PROBLEM - SORRY TO HAVE TROUBLED ANYONE :-

Archived