• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security Permissions Windows Server & IIS

MarkMan1

2.3.1 installed successfully on Windows 2008 server, using IIS (not Linux). Admin panel says "This is a properly configured installation of osCommerce Online Merchant!". However when I look at the Admin Security Directory Permissions, I see a bunch of Red " X " (see attached). Seems like way too many. Surely osC does not require me to go to each of those 50 or so files and change the permissions individually? Shouldn't the install script be doing that? Is there a global setting I may have missed?

Your help or guidence would be greatly appreciated.

I shouldn't worry too much till you've finished setting up your site, once its done you can set them all with an add-on, its detailed here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-oscommerce-22-site/ although that was a 2.2 add-on it should still be fine for 2.3 for the most part

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

@@MarkMan1

Using your FTP client or your hosting account file manager, change directories to 705, files to 604 and the two configure.php files to 444

Chris

"Numbered" permissions apply only on LINUX/UNIX servers, not on Windowz servers.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

"Numbered" permissions apply only on LINUX/UNIX servers, not on Windowz servers.

Ofcourse you are correct Jim, I guess I didn't read that in the OP.

Chris

Archived