• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.1 - Product Information Add On - AJAX - Which is best

ja1nsa

Hey all - newbieeee here :blush:

I have managed to get 2.3.1 up and running (after about 20 or so reloads) .. not that 2.3.1 was the problem ... more user error!

Anyway, having locked myself out of phpmyadmin by setting a password for "root" I am progressing, not bad for 2 days!

Now, I have installed an Algozone template on top of 2.3.1, looks great and saves me all that CSS and PHP mumbo-jumbo, but I am having problems with my Product information.

I have 2 issues:

1. I tried the AJAX AttribributeManager (osc2.3.1) listed in addons on here and ran into problems with this step:

********************************************************************************

* STEP 4 *

********************************************************************************

In catalog/product_info.php

Find this around line 150:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

REPLACE with this:

//<!-- AJAX Attribute Manager -->

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.products_options_sort_order");

//<!-- AJAX Attribute Manager end -->

All I got after this was an error message on entering my store catalog i.e. could not start catalog.

I also found add-on called AJAX AttributeManager 2.8.9.3. - but there does not appear to be any install instructions and I am nervous given the first attempt above.

ANY advise welcome!

2. This may just be after installing the Algozone template or it could just be OSc2.3.1, but when I select my product and go to the screen (with "Add to cart") and larger product image (SEE ATTACHED), I have some "default" text under my product name. 3 lines of it! How can I edit this or get rid of it? I see the "product details" tab and this I can edit, but not the text above?

Many Thanks ALL, Happy to be with OSC ... tried Dreamweaver ... ok and fun, tried Joomla ... hummmm .... so hope this goes better!

John

post-309610-0-67781500-1332420742_thumb.png

Archived