• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with permissions

Hani1188

Hello, I am running osc2.2 ms2. I would like to edit a files permissions through osc backend file manager. How do I do that? Also, i cannot figure out how to log in to ftp.. i see in server info that it is all set up but I cannot successfully log in, that is why I am trying to do this permissions change through the file manager of osc.

Doesn't your provider have a 'webspace explorer' area where you can see all your osc shop are loaded? If you can then you should be able to click on a file and directly change it's permissions from there.

On my server access there is an ftp account. With this I can set an ftp password which can then be used to access my webspace using Filezilla. You need your user log on, ftp password and host name etc.

Lorraine

You should remove filemanager from your admin, its a security risk and damages files. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-oscommerce-22-site/

There is a contribution you can add that will set permissions for you, look in add-ons.

Otherwise use the filemanager program in your hosting control panel (not the same as the admin one)

You are rarely able to set file permissions fully via ftp, only to increase them

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived