• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with osComm 2.2

John Pitts

Hello,

I have recently taken over my sisters website from the previous individual. I am by far not a web designer, however I have enough background to fumble my way through most things. I have moved it over to the new host, transfered the domain, and setup the sql database. The website is up, howver I am having issues with the image uploads... i have set the images to chmod 777 for testing and am able to upload one photo, however when it goes to auto generate the 3 other images (which I belive is the "Additional Image Thumbnail Utility", it gives me errors and fails to create the other images.

This is the error I get:

Error returned from alterimage class: 1 error.gif Thumb file: ../images/products/gear/IMG_0353s.jpg could not be created. error.gif Error returned from alterimage class: 1 error.gif Products Info file: ../images/products/gear/IMG_0353m.jpg could not be created. error.gif Error returned from alterimage class: 1

Can someone help?

Do you really need 777 permissions? You should start with 755 (directories/folders) and 644 (files) and only change to 775/664 if osC reports that it can't write (777/666 as a desperate last resort, but be sure to change back to 755/644 when you're done uploading pictures, as "world writable" directories are a severe security hazard). Note that some hosts have installed security software (e.g., suPHP) that blocks access to "world writable" directories or files. It's possible that's what happened to you.

Archived