• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Links Working (product, catagories etc) All Reload Index Page

toyzonline

Hello Peeps,

I am running OSC 2.2 MS2 and recently got hit with the ereg_replace php 5.3.1 issue. I applied the fix to 2 stores and both we fixed of the ereg issue, however one of the stores now has no navigation.

The index page loads without any reported errors, yet when you click on any of the links (i,e, Product or catagory) it fails to load. In fact when you watch where the link points to (i.e. when explorer link description pops up its pointing only to the index page).

Try Here:

http://www.cheshiretraders.co.uk

However if you click on the header internal advert it will load the correct catagory but then again no links from there will work.

Try here:

http://www.cheshiretraders.co.uk/Fancy-Dress/Adult-Fancy-Dress/

I have checked and double checked and applied the ereg fix and I am confident that these have been applied correctly.

At this time due to template use I cant really upgrade to newer OSC and import DB.

Any input would be greatly appreciated on this as if/when fixed I can continue on the new store I am working on and then hopefully be able to implement (through outsorcing) upgrades to a newer OSC keeping the template in tact.

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

Most likely suspect is register_long_arrays

Turn register_long_arrays on in .htaccess file.

If that fixes it, you know what the problem is and you can do more research to fix it properly.

You -could- try the compatibility file from the latest 2.3.1 release of osc.

Most likely suspect is register_long_arrays

Turn register_long_arrays on in .htaccess file.

If that fixes it, you know what the problem is and you can do more research to fix it properly.

You -could- try the compatibility file from the latest 2.3.1 release of osc.

I tried the option of turning on the register_long_arrays and that just created the site not to load with an internal error.

I also replaced the compatibility file with the new one and this had no change

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

I tried the option of turning on the register_long_arrays and that just created the site not to load with an internal error.

And you checked the error_log to see the exact cause of the error?

Note that you have far more problems than this.

At this time due to template use I cant really upgrade to newer OSC and import DB.

In the long term you would be far better off to take the time and effort to upgrade to 231 oscommerce.

The template you are using can easily be ported to 231. If you really wanted that. Template really is not that pretty.

Archived