• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Undefined Index Error?

PupStar

Hi Guys,

Got an error which I can seem to figure out.

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in C:\wamp\www\football\includes\functions\whos_online.php on line 112

of which line is:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, hostname, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('" . (int)$wo_customer_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_full_name) . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_session_id) . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_ip_address) . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_hostname) . "', '" . tep_db_input($current_time) . "', '" . tep_db_input($current_time) . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_last_page_url) . "', '" . tep_db_input($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($user_agent) . "')");

I have added the index to the table in phpmyadmin but still the error remains but only until I refresh the page and then it goes away.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Mark

The $_SERVER superglobal is not guaranteed to contain any particular elements, such as HTTP_REFERER. See http://us.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.server.php for details. It's quite possible that your server isn't supplying this element. If this element is definitely used elsewhere in your site, double check your spelling (REFERER, not the proper spelling REFERRER).

There can be many cases where you are referring to elements that don't exist, the standard method is to test that it exists before referring to it.

ie:

(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] : '')

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived