• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Showing price with vat and no-vat, like £10.00<br>(£8.00)

Josh Hardisty

My favourite online store: overclockers.co.uk, displays both price with and without. I think this is nice for getting a generalised feel on the cost of a product.

i have changed my includes/classes/currencies.php thus far to this:

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

return $this->format($products_price * $quantity) . '<br>' . $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity) ;

}

from

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

return $this->format($this->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity))

}

this is great and all for main pages etc, but it does it to all pages, including side boxes, looks very messy.

I trailed google also, and could not find anything that sounded right.

Does anyone know what text/pages to modify, or is there a submission i just have not found? thank you, joshlad

There style formatting: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=6

my current site: http://www.joshtestshop.host56.com/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/

I think your going to have to edit each calling page, the main being product_info.php & maybe modules/product_listing.php if you have prices there.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Thank you both very much, One thought i was having was to put on the calling pages i didn't want, a random value, like $notaxfree = 1, then in the currencies just change it to if $notaxfree == 1 then just send price with vat. Do you think this would work in the same way, or would i run into problems?

Josh.

also, should of mentioned running v2.3.1

Yes that would work, but just to sure you don't get any notices, add $notaxfree = false; to application_top.php then where you need it $notaxfree = true; then your test is just if ($notaxfree) {

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived