• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What version is this: define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'HST 1.1');

malon

Forewarning: I am nearly 100% unfamiliar with osCommerce, just a few questions because I've recently acquired a new client who uses what I believe is an ancient version.

I don't know what HST 1.1 means. I would assume this is version 1.1, but perhaps HST means it's some special version?

The version info I found was in:

/admin/application_top.php

Is there any way to upgrade it, (within reason, of course). I don't want to do 80,000 hours of database re configuring or anything like that. If there is a reasonable solution, please let me know.

Additionally, on the shipping modules page, under USPS, it says:

"You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html"

However, if you visit that website (or the root address), it just says "No web site is configured at this address." Is this normal or would this have anything to with using a very old version of osCommerce? The user is experiencing unusually high shipping charges and I can't quite pinpoint why. Also, for clarification, there IS a username and password filled out, so she did register the account previously. It's not an issue of "forgot to register".

Thanks so much!

You can see my signature for how to determine versions in older versions but I don't recall a version with HST. It is always possible to upgrade any version of oscommerce to the latest but without knowing with which version to start, it may be difficult. My guess is that you have some version not released by oscommerce. It would take someone experienced in oscommerce to look at the files to know for sure, in my opinion. If there are not too many changes to it, then you may just be better off replacing it with 2.3. You would be starting from scratch but it would be better than not knowing if you've made the correct changes.

USPS has changed their site quite a bit. Just go to usps.com and find the link for creating an account.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You can see my signature for how to determine versions in older versions but I don't recall a version with HST. It is always possible to upgrade any version of oscommerce to the latest but without knowing with which version to start, it may be difficult. My guess is that you have some version not released by oscommerce. It would take someone experienced in oscommerce to look at the files to know for sure, in my opinion. If there are not too many changes to it, then you may just be better off replacing it with 2.3. You would be starting from scratch but it would be better than not knowing if you've made the correct changes.

USPS has changed their site quite a bit. Just go to usps.com and find the link for creating an account.

You mention that it's always possible to upgrade...has the database ever changed? Obviously I'll make a backup first, but is it as simple as downloading the new files and connecting it to the existing DB (in most cases?)

'HST' is either very, very old, or the Hubble Space Telescope :), or it's someone's template name (H____ Sales Template 1.1). Was application_top.php really in /admin? For a long, long time it's been in /admin/includes. Do any of the files show a version number and/or date up in the heading? Something like

$Id: account.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

Knowing the file it came from, we might be able to figure out the version.

'HST' is either very, very old, or the Hubble Space Telescope :), or it's someone's template name (H____ Sales Template 1.1). Was application_top.php really in /admin? For a long, long time it's been in /admin/includes. Do any of the files show a version number and/or date up in the heading? Something like

$Id: account.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

Knowing the file it came from, we might be able to figure out the version.

/store/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

Sorry, should have been more specific.

Found this:

$Id: account.php,v 1.61 2003/06/09 23:03:52 hpdl Exp $

You mention that it's always possible to upgrade...has the database ever changed?

Yes, it is changed in every one. There are update instructions for it though.

/store/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

Sorry, should have been more specific.

Found this:

That line doesn't mean a lot since it tends to get changed with contribuiton or not changed with versions if someone made them other than oscommerce.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, it is changed in every one. There are update instructions for it though.

That line doesn't mean a lot since it tends to get changed with contribuiton or not changed with versions if someone made them other than oscommerce.

So does that mean that MrPhil gave me bad instructions or I chose a bad file to extract a date from?

Found this:

That's either 2.2 MS2 or 2.2 RC1 as the original source. Both have that timestamp. Of course, subsequent add-ons being applied or edits made for a commercial template could have changed it beyond recognition, but that's a starting point.

So does that mean that MrPhil gave me bad instructions or I chose a bad file to extract a date from?

No, it just means you can't necessairly depend on that line. Up until RC2, I think, the version information didn't get updated properly. The only line that is, almost, guaranteed not to change is the version definition in includes/application_top.php. Since that wasn't updated in previous versions, you're left guessing. Comparing the file Phil mentioned is as good a method of any other in old shops. But the only true way to tell is to compare files. The includes/application_top.php file did change with each major update so if you compare it with the ones from the other original packages, then you would know for sure. But those packages are not readily available. That's why I said it would take someone faimilar with the files to know for sure. It usually isn't needed to go to that extreme but the HST you mentioned seems to indicate that someone made a large enough change to give it a new version, so assuming any of the files have not been changed is probably not a good way to go.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived