• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column Width

Ninety-one Maro

18. How do I change the column widths?

Find in includes/application_top.php and admin/includes/application_top.php, if you want to change the admin also:

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

and change to suit. e.g.

define('BOX_WIDTH', 200); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

I found this in the "How do I" thread, but I don't have the lines that it is stating in my application_top.php file. How do I change the column widths then?

Thanks that was a great help. But is there a way to make the whole page bigger, move the columns out to make the center part of the site larger? Every time I change the width of one column, the right one becomes part of the left due to size. Just wondering.

example: www.RonisRingsNThings.com All the items are in the middle, between the columns. I want to move the columns outwards. There is too much space empty on the outside of the columns. Can that be changed?

I do have about 5 more questions and concerns. i've posted them a few times, just haven't been able to get anyone to respond. Thank you for responding to this one.

I would not say "to move columns outwards", but "to increase the total store width so much, that the content space is same wide as the total width now"

In other words, you need to increase the total store with, second link posted above will lead you to further reading about how to do this

Archived