• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stock isn't deducting from PayPal

dvharrison

Hi all and please please help.

I have just finished upgrading a store originally built in 2.2 to 2.3.1 and as a result had to lose some discontinued addons.

One of them was the PayPal plugin that ensured that stock was deducted when an order was placed.

As a result, my client is receiving massive orders for stock she hasn't got and they're going through regardless.

Please could anyone shed any light or at least recommend an add-on that resolves this problem?

If I can provide any more info then please let me know and I shall.

Many thanks in advance.

Debbie Harrison

@@dvharrison

One of them was the PayPal plugin that ensured that stock was deducted when an order was placed.

I am confused by this as PayPal does NOT control the stock in osCommerce. If your admin is configured properly, upon completion of an order, the stock is reduced in osCommerce. This does not change depending on your payment method as long as the process is continuous from start to finish.

If you are having issues with PayPal Standard, then change PayPal modules to something that is server interactive.

Chris

Hi Chris

This is going back about 3 years ago. There was an addon that basically could deduct stock when using PayPal. It hasn't been updated/modified for 2.3.1 so I left it be.

I thought stock was set up under Configuration > Stock. My settings are:

Check stock level true

Subtract stock true Info

Allow Checkout false Info

Mark product out of stock ** Not enough quantity in Stock -Please adjust quantity before check out** Info

Stock Re-order level 5 Info

How else are they configured? Also I have been reading up on http://www.ashleyknowles.net/2011/05/oscommerce-stock-level-hack/ IS this also an option?

Please help.

Debbie Harrison

@@DunWeb so am I right to assume that PayPal Express Checkout or even PayPal Web Pro would eliminate the issue of stock not being deducted?

I have tested the website today and using the basic Cash on Delivery deducts stock but PayPal does not.

Please could you clarify? I did go through the OSC 2.3.1 documentation and googled every combination possible but I just need to be sure before I commit to anything.

Debbie Harrison

@@DunWeb

Your experience is good enough lol. If we opted for PayPal Express Checkout, we don't need Web Payments pro as well, do we?

Apologies for the daft questions, but PayPal's documentation is quite long-winded and wasn't particularly clear.

Debbie Harrison

Perhaps with the new store, the payment and checkout isn't getting all the way through, to the point where stock is deducted? That could leave payment completely made, etc., but quitting before the inventory decreases. I have heard of configuration problems with third party payment systems where upon return it's not going to the right place in the flow. You could try placing an order and seeing if the code gets back to the expected place in the flow (fully checked out, and ready to fill the cart again, or whatever).

Hi mr phil

The actual process I go through is as follows:

on clicking buy now button as normal

shopping_cart.php > Checkout button

/checkout_shipping.php (straightforward as 1 option) > Continue

checkout_payment.php (again only 1 option - payPal) > Continue

checkout_confirmation.php > click confirm order

PayPal Sandbox > sign in as customer account

Review your information > Pay Now Button

After Loading shows:

Comes up to Thank you for your order and redirects to check_success.php and Continue button that takes me back to the home page.

Is all that normal or have I missed something? Any help gratefully received as always :thumbsup:

Debbie Harrison

My suspicion is that you have PayPal configured to return to not quite the right place (it may be different than in your previous store) and it's missing the final part of the checkout. When you say "home page", do you mean the store's home page (still logged in as that customer) or a higher-level site page (and logged off)?

Someone with PayPal installed and configured and working correctly will have to pick up the trail at this point, as I don't want to mislead you or send you off on a wild goose chase. At any rate, while waiting for someone else to chime in, carefully read up both PayPal's instructions and postings on this forum about controlling PayPal's return to your site (specifically 2.3.1) -- if you're using the same settings as with a 2.2* store, it may be going to the wrong place.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Its 2 weeks later, and apparently we are getting the same problem again. What seems to happen, is when we look under Customer > order :

We get the Preparing [PayPal IPN] row followed by

Verified PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; £x.xx)] (these are both marked with a red cross).

Then we get another Verified message shortly afterwards but this is marked with a green tick which seems to be when the stock deducts. It has worked but suddenly its not.

Please help!! :'(

Debbie Harrison

Ok, I have looked further and it seems to be tempremental. In most cases it works but sometimes it doesn't. Please, has anyone else had this trouble or could it be due to timeouts on the server?

Debbie Harrison

I have read on these forums somewhere that the return page url for 2.3.1 from paypal should not be checkout_sucess.php but checkout_process.php (i think that is right). This may have nothing to do with your problems though.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Archived