• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

Fantrastic!!

Works great!

www.wizardsandwars.com

The only other thing the I would suggest to enhanse this mod is to pre-populate the login fields with this country and zip value.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Warren.

You have to alter the shopping_cart.php

Linda's version placed the shipping cost before the cart buttons.

They should come underneath:

find:

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CART_EMPTY; ?></td>

</tr>

add just above these lines put:

<tr>

<td><br><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'shipping_estimator.php'); ?></td>

</tr>

I've tried, but you cannot have 2 forms inside each other...

And I couldn't use the cart form because the application_top makes a relocation....

Anyway, don't make the user scroll down to be able to klick the checkout button... Maybe he won't find it!

Edwin, what do you think of prepopulating the login form iwth the selected values to eliminate redundancy?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Chris,

That's not so difficult...

find:

$account['entry_country_id'] = STORE_COUNTRY;

replace with:

if (tep_session_is_registered('cart_country_id')){

$account['entry_country_id'] = $cart_country_id;

$account['entry_postcode']=$cart_zip_code;

}else{

}

Warren.

find

<!-- shipping_estimator //-->

<tr>

<td>

<table><tr><td>

Replace with

<!-- shipping_estimator //-->

<tr>

<td align="right">

<table><tr><td>

Chris,

That's not so difficult...

find:

replace with:

if (tep_session_is_registered('cart_country_id')){

$account['entry_country_id'] = $cart_country_id;

$account['entry_postcode']=$cart_zip_code;

}else{

}

I mean in the /catalog/create_account.php

Hmmn, that doesn't pre-populate that create an account form.

Feel free to give it a try at www.wizardsandwars.com.

Very nice contribution, though. I love it!

You have the create account in the login screen...

Can't you find the code inside the login page then?

To see it working

after adding someting to the basket

klick on checkout

in the url replace login.php with create_account.php leaving the oscsid in place

Bwhahaah!

Oh yeha. I forgot about that.

Duh.

Excellent contribution! Thank you to all involved :D.

I center my shop and I think the fixed 750px width might be causing the "Zip" field to wrap down to the next line along with "Recalculate", while leaving the zip label above. I added a "nowrap" as follows that fixed it.

On line 125 in shipping_estimator.php, I changed:

$ShipTxt.='<tr><td colspan="3" class="main">' .

to

$ShipTxt.='<tr><td colspan="3" class="main" nowrap>' .

It's a very minor issue but it made me happy :wink:. Thanks again for a great solution.

David

Which Free Shipping? The one for when the order is over a certain amount?

Yes. I have set free shipping over certain amount and when I go shopping cart, it shows all the shipping options even when I have more than that amount. It shows "free shipping over ~" when I am logged in. Is this happening just to me??

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

Go figure ...

Works when logged in only.

Hmm ... is this a good thing or bad?

Well ... I would think it is because it does not know if you are international or local so it does not give the response back for the Free Shipping until logged in.

But I may have added that condition within being logged in.

Let me peek at it when I get some time and see what the scoop is.

The one for when the order is over a certain amount?
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Really embarassed now! But where can I activate this? to test this? I've searched the admin, but don't seem to find this feature...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Edwin;

This is really a great added feature - Thank you and all who have contributed!

A couple of install notes:

I had installed the v1.4 and just did the upgrade to v1.5 on a mid-December 2002 snapshot.

1)The "Estimate Shipping" link that was in the InfoBox resulted in loading only part of the page - since the shipping shows in the shopping cart when viewed, I just removed that link, as it seems somewhat unnecessary. I imagine that I'll eventually put some notice somewhere to the effect that, If one wants to see estimated shipping costs, they just need to add the item to the shopping cart.

2)The pink hilite line that said "Login to view your personal shipping costs" I changed to "Please select Country and Postal (ZIP) Code to display Shipping Estimates" since the checkout button is immediately above the shipping box and that will take the customer to login anyway.

Again, many thanks for a great mod :wink:

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!