• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

I desperately want to install this contribution, but thought I better check what configuration_id's are allready in use, and its allready using 221-226 for the zone based shipping rates I have set up.

What can I do about this?

If I run the SQL that comes with the contribution will it just write over the existing configuration_id's or will it assign new ones?

I am not really all that hot with using phpMyAdmin, I can just about get by, and run SQL on there, but thats about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

The shipping options are not listed on my page while using this contribution.

If you want to check it, here's My Site

Does someone have the same problem or does someone have a solution for that???

Any little help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Sandra

HIM - Dark Light - Out on 26/09/05

Hi,

The shipping options are not listed on my page while using this contribution.

If you want to check it, here's My Site

Does someone have the same problem or does someone have a solution for that???

Any little help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Sandra

I forgot something:

If i am logged in, it works perfectly.

HIM - Dark Light - Out on 26/09/05

whew, lots of threads here!

Anyways I couldn't find the answer to these questions.

First when the user is not logged in and goes to the shopping cart for the first time the ship in cart estimator is not using the store's home location as the default base price. I would like it to do this while also putting in the stores zip code into the zip code field.

Second, does anyone have any good tips on formatting the way this thing looks? There are so many table calls! it's real hard to remove a <TD> tag or reduce the width of the box. Plus it looks different across platforms/browsers (mac/pc/IE/safari/netscape/etc).

BTW I'm using STS. Everything seems to work ok other then this problem.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this contrib, and is working, but get this at the bottom of all the pages after somthing has been added to the cart.....

Warning: session_write_close(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in /vhost/vhost2/p/o/r/urlremoved.co.uk/www/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 197

Anyone got any ideas?

Is it anything to do with the fact I am saving sessions to file, rather than to the DB?

I have this contrib running on another site with no problems at all.

I have installed this contrib, and is working, but get this at the bottom of all the pages after somthing has been added to the cart.....

Warning: session_write_close(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in /vhost/vhost2/p/o/r/urlremoved.co.uk/www/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 197

Anyone got any ideas?

Is it anything to do with the fact I am saving sessions to file, rather than to the DB?

I have this contrib running on another site with no problems at all.

Is the other site on a different server? it seems like your register_globals is off.

go to admin control panel for osCommerce and look up SERVER INFO somewhere I think in the tools menu or near backup. Look for REGISTER_GLOBALS.

now as far as helping you around this problem, sorry.

Is the other site on a different server?  it seems like your register_globals is off.

Yes its on a different server.

Register Globals is off, and have installed the register globals patch contrib.

Is there a way to pass the selected shipping method to checkout_shipping.php page? I think it looks rather bad to select a shipping option twice.

also, along the same lines....What if there is a return user who has multiple addresses. If you select a different address using the drop down box, can you pass this information to the checkout_shipping page as well?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Many osc users may not be aware that when selecting a shipping quote (logged in or not) from shopping_cart.php (or where ever your shipping_estimator.php is called from) that the rate is not carried over to checkout_shipping.php.

Here is the fix for ShipInCart (MS2) assuming your shipping_estimator.php uses the: $cart_sid = $HTTP_POST_VARS['sid']; around line 134

In checkout_shipping.php find:

} else {

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($quotes[$i]['methods']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

// set the radio button to be checked if it is the method chosen

Below that add:

if ($cart_sid) {

$shipping['id'] = $cart_sid;

}

Hope this helps...

Mac

I know this was written a long time ago, but I've had a problem with this.

When I found this article, I did what it said and it worked perfectly. Now, after heavy modification, it no longer works.

the problem is that not even a default radio box is filled, let alone the one that was selected from the shipping estimator.

here is my code...sorry about the amount.

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.16 2003/06/09 23:03:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');
 require('includes/classes/http_client.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $navigation->set_snapshot();
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));
 }

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
 }

// if no shipping destination address was selected, use the customers own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {
   tep_session_register('sendto');
   $sendto = $customer_default_address_id;
 } else {
// verify the selected shipping address
   $check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$sendto . "'");
   $check_address = tep_db_fetch_array($check_address_query);

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {
     $sendto = $customer_default_address_id;
     if (tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_unregister('shipping');
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

// register a random ID in the session to check throughout the checkout procedure
// against alterations in the shopping cart contents
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) tep_session_register('cartID');
 $cartID = $cart->cartID;

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as
// a shipping address is not needed

// ###### Added CCGV Contribution #########
//  if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {
if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') ) {
// ###### End Added CCGV Contribution #########

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
   $shipping = false;
   $sendto = false;
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
 }

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents();

// load all enabled shipping modules
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
 $shipping_modules = new shipping;

if ( defined('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING') && (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING == 'true') ) {
   $pass = false;

switch (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_DESTINATION) {
     case 'national':
       if ($order->delivery['country_id'] == STORE_COUNTRY) {
         $pass = true;
       }
       break;
     case 'international':
       if ($order->delivery['country_id'] != STORE_COUNTRY) {
         $pass = true;
       }
       break;
     case 'both':
       $pass = true;
       break;
   }

$free_shipping = false;
   if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['total'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {
     $free_shipping = true;

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php');
   }
 } else {
   $free_shipping = false;
 }

// process the selected shipping method
 if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process') ) {
   if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');
   if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {
     $comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);
   }

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

if ( (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0) || ($free_shipping == true) ) {
     if ( (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'])) && (strpos($HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'], '_')) ) {
       $shipping = $HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'];

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $shipping);
       if ( is_object($$module) || ($shipping == 'free_free') ) {
         if ($shipping == 'free_free') {
           $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;
           $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] = '0';
         } else {
           $quote = $shipping_modules->quote($method, $module);
         }
         if (isset($quote['error'])) {
           tep_session_unregister('shipping');
         } else {
           if ( (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {
             $shipping = array('id' => $shipping,
                               'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ?  $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),
                               'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

}
         }
       } else {
         tep_session_unregister('shipping');
       }
     }
   } else {
     $shipping = false;

}    
 }

// get all available shipping quotes
 $quotes = $shipping_modules->quote();

// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
// if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
// a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
// method if more than one module is now enabled
 if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
var selected;

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {
 if (!selected) {
   if (document.getElementById) {
     selected = document.getElementById('defaultSelected');
   } else {
     selected = document.all['defaultSelected'];
   }
 }

if (selected) selected.className = 'moduleRow';
 object.className = 'moduleRowSelected';
 selected = object;

// one button is not an array
 if (document.checkout_address.shipping[0]) {
   document.checkout_address.shipping[buttonSelect].checked=true;
 } else {
   document.checkout_address.shipping.checked=true;
 }
}

function rowOverEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRow') object.className = 'moduleRowOver';
}

function rowOutEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRowOver') object.className = 'moduleRow';
}
//--></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_address', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'process'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border:1px solid #666666">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php //echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php //echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_delivery.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

<tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
             <tr>
               <td width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_DESTINATION . '<br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_change_address.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td align="center" width="50%" valign="top"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                 <tr>
                   <td valign="top" align="left"><b><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, true, ' ', '<br>'); ?></b></td>
                 </tr>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

<?php
 if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0) {
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
<?php
   if (sizeof($quotes) > 1 && sizeof($quotes[0]) > 1) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td width="50%" valign="top"><?php //echo TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD; ?></td>
               <td width="50%" valign="top" align="right"><?php echo '<b>' . TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT . '</b>' ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   } elseif ($free_shipping == false) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td width="100%" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_SHIPPING_INFORMATION; ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   }

if ($free_shipping == true) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td colspan="2" width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                 <tr>
                   <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                   <td colspan="3"><b><?php echo FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE; ?></b> <?php echo $quotes[$i]['icon']; ?></td>
                   <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, 0)">
                   <td width="100%"><?php echo sprintf(FREE_SHIPPING_DESCRIPTION, $currencies->format(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER)) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', 'free_free'); ?></td>
                 </tr>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   } else {
     $radio_buttons = 0;
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($quotes); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" colspan="3"><b><?php echo $quotes[$i]['module']; ?></b> <?php if (isset($quotes[$i]['icon']) && tep_not_null($quotes[$i]['icon'])) { //echo $quotes[$i]['icon'];
                   } ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
       if (isset($quotes[$i]['error'])) {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo $quotes[$i]['error']; ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
       } else {
         for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($quotes[$i]['methods']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
// set the radio button to be checked if it is the method chosen

if ($cart_sid) {
   $shipping['id'] = $cart_sid;
	 }

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

if ( ($checked == true) || ($n == 1 && $n2 == 1) ) {
             echo '<tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
           } else {
             echo '<tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
           }
?>
                   <td width="75%"><?php echo $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['title']; ?></td>
<?php
           if ( ($n > 1) || ($n2 > 1) ) {
?>
                   <td><?php echo $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost'], (isset($quotes[$i]['tax']) ? $quotes[$i]['tax'] : 0))); ?></td>
                   <td align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'], $checked); ?></td>
<?php
           } else {
?>
                   <td align="right" colspan="2"><?php echo $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost'], $quotes[$i]['tax'])) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']); ?></td>
<?php
           }
?>
                 </tr>
<?php
           $radio_buttons++;
         }
       }
?>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
<?php
     }
   }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

<?php
 }
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td><center><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '50', '5'); ?></center></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

<tr>
         <tr>
           <td></td></tr></table></td></tr></table><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
            <tr><td> </td></tr><tr>
               <td align="center"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
                    </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
             <tr>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
                 </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); 
?>

I did an 'echo' of as many variables as I could find and they are all there, basically the problem must be in the $checked line inside the for-loop. if anyone can help, please let me know! I know its not the in the actual shipping_estimator.

(BTW, $cart_sid is filled with the proper variable.

Thanks

Hello, i this error message when i click on updade button after select another Country in drop-down menu:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare testpays() (previously declared in ***\ms2fr\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\colirap.php:50) in ***\ms2fr\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\colirap.php on line 50

one idea for declare this function one only time ?

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know why this is? I am running version 1.90 for MS2 and the UPS module updated for shipping insurance. The strange part is if I log in then it goes away, it only doesn't match when I am not logged in and my customers think I am being shady with the shipping. Any help is appreciated.

strange.jpg

• 2 months later...

Anyone know how to set the default zone to the store zone?

I have been playing with it for awhile, but just cant get it to work.

I have MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping installed...so if no zone is there it reverts to "Rest of the world" table and shows a very high shipping.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm having problems with the installation of Ship in Cart contribution. ?'ve followed all the instructions exactly and (actually tried it several times to make sure....) and Nothing is appearing. i've gone into admin and enabled the module but still nothing.

My "continue Shopping" button seems to have dissapeared too??? is that meant to happen?

I did have another estimated shipping module on my left side column box but I remove that. before i installed the new module.

I've tried searching the forum and can't find anything....if any one can assist please let me know.

Jodes x

Hi

I'm having problems with the installation of Ship in Cart contribution. ?'ve followed all the instructions exactly and (actually tried it several times to make sure....) and Nothing is appearing. i've gone into admin and enabled the module but still nothing.

My "continue Shopping" button seems to have dissapeared too??? is that meant to happen?

I did have another estimated shipping module on my left side column box but I remove that. before i installed the new module.

I've tried searching the forum and can't find anything....if any one can assist please let me know.

Jodes x

Thought I would let you all know that my "continue shopping"button has reappeared...I deleted my cookies etc and it came back. unfortunately the ship in cart still isn't working.

Anyway, an Early Happy New Year everyone.

Hi,

I'm having problems with the ship in cart module v.2.10 by Acheron. It seems to work fine if you are logged in, but if you are not, there is nothing showing at all, no table, nothing....

I would really like to make this work, so please help me if you know what might be wrong:-)

Thanks

Kjolebutikken:-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Hi,

I'm having problems with the ship in cart module v.2.10 by Acheron. It seems to work fine if you are logged in, but if you are not, there is nothing showing at all, no table, nothing....

I would really like to make this work, so please help me if you know what might be wrong:-)

Thanks

Kjolebutikken:-)

I am having the exact same problem. Unless a user is logged in, nothing appears below the cart. If this is the intended behavior then I don't understand what purpose it serves? I'm thinking guests and logged in customers should see the shipping estimate in their cart. This is how I would like it to work.

Help please,

Mike

Hi guys,

i sorted out my problem. still not sure exactly what happened to the continue shopping button but its ok.

The reason that you can't see it until you log in is because you need to remove a portion of the code.

In the includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php

Find

if (($cart->count_contents() > 0) && (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))) {

and replace with

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

It should now work without being logged in.

Good luck

Jodes x

Edited by jodes

Hi guys,

i sorted out my problem. still not sure exactly what happened to the continue shopping button but its ok.

The reason that you can't see it until you log in is because you need to remove a portion of the code.

In the includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php

Find

if (($cart->count_contents() > 0) && (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))) {

and replace with

It should now work without being logged in.

Good luck

Jodes x

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Edited by kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Well I tried installing it again and I modified the code as jodes said to above. Now I do see the ship in cart window whether the customer is logged in or not. BUT it still does not work. If they are logged in all is fine, but if it is a non logged in guest then the ship in window only shows the price of my product, there is no shipping information displayed. For now I disabled it from admin until I get it sorted out and that worked fine, the admin switch turned it off as if it were not there. I would like to get this working, in my opinion it is exactly the right replacement for purchase without account and a whole lot more logical.

A second problem I am having is that on an international test account I set up whenever I add something to the cart I get this error twice above the ship in cart box:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/docprego/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 46

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/docprego/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 46

Could someone please help me get this thing working, I just don't have the knowledge on hos to troubleshoot it.

Thanks!

Mike

Well I tried installing it again and I modified the code as jodes said to above. Now I do see the ship in cart window whether the customer is logged in or not. BUT it still does not work. If they are logged in all is fine, but if it is a non logged in guest then the ship in window only shows the price of my product, there is no shipping information displayed. For now I disabled it from admin until I get it sorted out and that worked fine, the admin switch turned it off as if it were not there. I would like to get this working, in my opinion it is exactly the right replacement for purchase without account and a whole lot more logical.

A second problem I am having is that on an international test account I set up whenever I add something to the cart I get this error twice above the ship in cart box:

Could someone please help me get this thing working, I just don't have the knowledge on hos to troubleshoot it.

Thanks!

Mike

Well as a follow up I seem to have at least fixed one part of this problem by following some advice I found earlier in this thread.

This is the post I followed:

The htmlspecialchars() error has been covered earlier in this thread.

It occurs because you're logging in more than once as the same user during the same browser session and the same oscid is being re-used, which causes problems displaying addresses - you need to add a line to your logoff.php file to close the session. The line you need to add is:

CODE

// added to fix ship in cart oscsid problem...

tep_session_unregister('cart_address_id');

That did correct the error immediately so that seems fine. HOWEVER I still get no shipping information in the ship in cart box for an unregistered guest. This must be an easy fix to tell the code to send that info to the box for guests who are not logged in, I just don't know where to find this or how to alter it correctly.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Mike, I got the same error message as you:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/general.php on line 46

I did this:

In includes/functions/general.php I changed the code:

if ($country == '') $country = tep_output_string_protected($address['country']);

to:

if ($country == '') $country = tep_output_string_protected($address['country']['title']);

and the error message disappeared.

In includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php I replaced the code:

// Only do when something is in the cart and customer is logged in (Fix for v2.0 and all other versions Acheron 7 Jul 2004 )

// azer for 2.10 origianl : if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

with:

// Only do when something is in the cart

So, if NOT logged in, the customer now have all info he need in the ship box, but if logged in, the "ship to:" (adress) information is missing. All other information is there.

So if someone can help us both with this, I would be very. very pleased:-)))

Good luck to us both:-)

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken