• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products model number dropdown

14steve14

Each of the categories and sub categories in my store will be using a sequential model number. What i am trying to do is to create a drop down list of the currently used model numbers so i can then manually add in the next number in the series.

I have entered into my categories.php file

$products_model_array = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_NONE));
   $products_model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model, products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " order by products_model");
   while ($products_model = tep_db_fetch_array($products_model_query)) {
  $manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => $products_model['products_model_id'],
								 'text' => $products_model['products_model']);
   }

and then added to create the box and title

<tr>
	    <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
	    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('products_model_id', $products_model_array,$pInfo->products_model_id); ?></td>
	  </tr>

The trouble being now that i get a dropdown box as i should, but the only option available is NONE.

I take it i have something wrong somewhere but i cant figure it out,.. Is there anyone who may be able to add a bit of help on this.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Burt, many thanks for taking the time to respond.

I will try to explain again. Each sub category and every item within that sub category will have a two part model number. The first three digits will let me know what category the item is in, and the last three digits will be a specific item number. So the number for one item would be 000-111 and another could be 999-001

I have currently created a list of the current products in the store and am slowly updating all the model numbers.

When a new product is entered i wish to have a drop down list of all the model numbers used in the store, not necessarily the specific category, so i can see what would be the next number in the sequence. I could keep a seperate file with this information on, but i am not the only one who has access to the admin section.

There is a column within the current products database that lists the model number already entered. I am trying to get the information from the database into a dropdown box.

The code i have modified currently gives an additional boc on the categories pagebut is empty. I need it to be filled. I will keep playing with this and see how it progresses.

After a break i got it to work. Sould have been

$products_model_array = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_NONE));   
   $products_model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model, products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " order by products_model");   
   while ($products_model = tep_db_fetch_array($products_model_query)) {		 
  $products_model_array[] = array('id' => $products['products_model'],
								  'text' => $products_model['products_model']);
   }

Steve, glad you got the dropdown working. I guess if that worked, then that's it. I wonder though if you have explored a simple input box with the next number automatically written to it. Perhaps I am simplifying things a little too much, as I don;t know what your DB looks like. Anyway, it's an idea for you to chew on.

Archived