• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can use a script from Multi_images v. 2.2rc2a in v. 2.3.1?

mfj31

I'm about to install osCommerce 2.3.1 (www.netshop4all.dk) and have had vers.2.2rc2a installed and multi_images. My question is if I can use the same installation on 2.3.1 without destroying my settings?

Here is the description

//Rich Marganski

//DigitalSurgeons.com

//New Haven, CT

//May 07, 2008

//This contribution will create an easy way to add multiple product images through the admin area.

//The first step is to add the fields for image filenames in the products table

//Second step is to replace your default admin/categories.php file with the file included

//Thats it. Now when products are added you can add multiple images

//Changes to original admin/categories.php are noted with the following:

//Start of Edit:

// BOF astro - update database with new images

//End of Edit:

// EOF astro - update database with new images

// ADD FIELDS TO IMAGES///////////////////////////////

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `product_image_2` VARCHAR( 64 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL ,

ADD `product_image_3` VARCHAR( 64 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL ,

ADD `product_image_4` VARCHAR( 64 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL ,

ADD `product_image_5` VARCHAR( 64 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL ,

ADD `product_image_6` VARCHAR( 64 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL ;

// UPLOAD THE NEW admin/categories.php file ///////////////

// This file is named categories_multi.php so it does not copy over your original

//Please rename your original categories.php file to something else such as categories_old.php

//Upload the categories_multi.php file to public_html/admin/categories.php

//Upload the "product_info_test.php" over the original "product_info.php" and voila!

//This has been a creation by Rich Marganski of DigitalSurgeons.com:

Thank ouy

Mogens, DK

You can, but why would you ... OSC 2.3.1 already have multi images per product built in....

but why would you ... OSC 2.3.1 already have multi images per product built in....

Because the the image handler in v2.3.1 is terrible, and the Simple Multi Image Handler works much better.

Chris

Finally someone said it...I just thought I missing something and was frustrated for no reason. Now I guess I know what I am going to be working on next week. Trying to convert my old Image handler to work with 2.3.1.

Trying to convert my old Image handler to work with 2.3.1.

I updated it a few months back and currently offer it as a commercial add on.

Chris

The 231 images system is excellent. Easily add extra images in admin area, and they show in the product page as rollovers and popups.

If you don't like the product page default functionality then it is relatively simple to make it work differently.

As for updating from 22 to 231 and using the 231 images system, you need to;

- grab the multiple images from the 22 products table (as that is where most addons stored the details)

- insert them into the 231 products_images table along with a product id.

That's not a lot of work.

I was so impressed with the 231 images system, that I backported the whole system to 22 !

I don't mind the 2.3.1 system on the product page. I migrated all of my images over to the new system, which was very easy.

The thumbnails and pop up pictures are working fine for me in product_info.php. The page loading time seems a bit slower, but I like the look of the pages more.

It is on the administration side that it is lacking. I miss the thumbnail preview of each image in the product creation/editing page, and the ability to type the file name of the image already uploaded to the server instead of uploading from a computer.

I just want to add some functionality to the categories.php file on the admin side. I think our old 2.2 was running a version of UltraPics Image Addon Pack.

I am just having a hard time trying to figure out what parts I need to use to get the images to preview since the new image system changed the way they are listed in the database.

I personally didn't care for the new image handler in v2.3.1 so that is why I updated the Simple Multi Image add on and made some changes to suit my needs. I guess it's a matter of preference.

Chris

Getting a preview is simple;

Find:

<a href="#" onclick="showPiDelConfirm(' . $pi_counter . ');return false;" class="ui-icon ui-icon-trash" style="float: right;"></a>     

Add after it:

<span class="image_preview" style="float: right;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $pi['image'], '', SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</span>

If you want to pretty it up, use .image_preview {} in your css file.

burt,

Brilliant! Thank you so much. Now all I have to do is figure out how to select the images from the server instead of a local computer. In 2.2 we could just change the file name, when creating a new product from an existing one. But in 2.3 that functionality is gone.

I am getting closer all the time.

:)

Hi, I have spend a lot of time removing all bugs, javascripts included, that is ex. jquery. Sorry to say I must use it because of fancybox... v2.3.1 is using jquery quite a bit, hence will never be bug free.

I even took the time to develope a better datepicker.js, which passes jslint, and thus could remove spiffycal al together. (Which have som deprecated code).

Given time, I will replace fancybox too... code in dev. Further to this I presently is moving to doctype strict... :)

So, a real good multi image addon is most welcome :)

Sara

Archived