• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce shopping cart interacting with our store and inventory

mrfu0

Hi,

I am currently looking into using osCommerce for our shopping cart. We have our own developer and we want to develop our own store and inventory management system. I know that we are doing this somewhat backwards, people typically use osCommerce for both their shopping cart and store. My questions is, how does the osCommerce shopping cart interact with our store and inventory management system?

Thanks

[...]We have our own developer and we want to develop our own store and inventory management system.

[...]how does the osCommerce shopping cart interact with our store and inventory management system?

If you don't know and your developer don't know, how should somebody else know?

Hi,

I am currently looking into using osCommerce for our shopping cart. We have our own developer and we want to develop our own store and inventory management system. I know that we are doing this somewhat backwards, people typically use osCommerce for both their shopping cart and store. My questions is, how does the osCommerce shopping cart interact with our store and inventory management system?

@@mrfu0

Why don't you use osC for everything? We have a separate website, store and inventory management system and find that we spend way to much time intergrating or duplicating information....we're now going the other way and trying to have osC, or at least the osC database and supporting programs handle the appropriate tasks....we expect that to be a much more efficient approach and allow us to access everything via our own cloud.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

At present i only run an online store, but will be soon opening a bricks and morter store. I am now starting to think about stock control over both stores. I cant seem to find something suitable that is already availalble so will have no choice but to get something specially written that will use the osc database. Others must have overcome this problem somehow.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived