• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add an image if the product is on special offer

diy

I want to add an image if a product is on special price (something like special offer or stock sale) . Not sure where to put the image .

Searched in contributions did not find anything usefull.

Any help on the code will be apreciated .

• 3 weeks later...

I am referring to osc 2.2

Found the solution my self .

Since you can add TEXT to the image as this post by burt suggests

http://www.clubosc.com/how-to-show-special-price-more-clearly.html

You can add an image aw you can add text

in product_info.php

just add

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'image.jpg')  .  

in front of

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

making it

$products_price = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'image.jpg')  .'<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

make an image with the name image.jpg or change image jpg to your image name

You can also add a pic in product listing

in includes/modules/product listing

I have adden an image and deleted the strikethrough price as i didint like it

I Changed

$lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';

to

$lc_text = ' '. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'image.jpg')  . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';

Use it at your own risk and back up any file you change.

PS where is everybody in this forum??

Archived