• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

appearing before £ sign

montfort_press

I cannot search for this (too short a word), so I will try a new topic.

I have tried to change the date format on my site to the English dd/mm/YYYY, by following the instructions in the topic "274968-how-do-i-all-the-basic-install-questions-regularly-asked", no 16, and the further advice from 14steve14 in "382342-date-format-error/page__p__1615912__hl__date%20format__fromsearch__1#entry1615912".

As far as the date format is concerned, it works, but then I get the strange phenomenon of a

character (capital A with a circumflex accent) appearing before every isnstance of the £ sign!

This is even more annoying than being stuck with the American date format. But why does it happen, and is there anythoing I can do to prevent it?

Any help will be appreciated.

normally if you go to oscommerce admin panel --> Localization --> Currencies and modify the British Pound currency the field "Symbol Left:" and remove theÂ.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Thank you. I have done this, and of course it works. I didn't think of it, because, before changing the date format, the problem was not there. I wonder why it should suddenly arise from a change of the date format?

The only minor problem now is that in the final total for all orders received prior to this, the A sign appears before the £ sign, though not in the details of the order... Very odd! But I can live with that.

Archived