• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best Checkout Addons?

I'm looking for the best checkout addons..

Here is what i'm trying to get to happen:

1. After add item to cart and create account go directly to checkout page instead of index

2. Checkout system only 2 pages

- First page Customer info

- 2nd page credit card info for Paypal

I found some 1 page solutions, but i feel that having credit card payment on the same page as customer info would reduce conversion since its kind of pushing them to give payment..

Let me know what you guys think!!

Thanks!!

@@xoxx

Using a single page checkout can have two effects, depending on the customer. Most customers have already committed to purchasing the product from you if they are in the checkout process so MOST customers will appreciate the streamlined process of having all of the information on one page. Others, who want to make a purchase but are hesitant want to take their time through the checkout process so one page might make them overwhelmed.

Having said that, I personally don't care how many steps are in a checkout process as long as it is secure and the purchase total is visible and the payment is processed. So, it's up to you how you want to set it up.

Chris

single page checkout, was a must in the past... year 2005-2009 when most of the internet access was so slow etc, opening page by page was some sort of #$#%#^$ task; now the load of a webpage is too fast etc. currently there is no need of one page checkout; today the must is the simplicity of the process, the custumer have to be driven on the checkout process like using a GPS.

single page checkout, was a must in the past... year 2005-2009 when most of the internet access was so slow etc, opening page by page was some sort of #$#%#^$ task; now the load of a webpage is too fast etc. currently there is no need of one page checkout; today the must is the simplicity of the process, the custumer have to be driven on the checkout process like using a GPS.

I kind of agree with that. Its overwhelming to have everything on just one page.

So here is my main problem, how do I get it to go directly to the checkout page after creating and account instead of index/homepage?

Thanks

I kind of agree with that. Its overwhelming to have everything on just one page.

So here is my main problem, how do I get it to go directly to the checkout page after creating and account instead of index/homepage?

Thanks

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/355024-take-visitor-to-checkout-instead-of-home-page-after-logincreate-account/

Tim

Archived