• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manually verify each purchase for shipping

groan

Firstly I have not installed OS Commerce.

I need to determine if this functionality is possible before i spend time installing it. I've spent a crazy amount of time trying to get it to work in another package only to find out I was wasting my time. I hope it will!

What I am hoping for, I want a buyer to add an item, or items to the cart and submit the order. Not pay for it yet. The seller will get a notification that there is an order placed. He will calculate shipping and add it manually to the order. Change the status of the order and a notice will be sent to the buyer who can then pay for the item. Is it possible or some variation?

Due to the packing and variance of items, and weight compared to size, the shipping costs can vary by LOTS. This is why he needs to add the shipping in manually after the items have been chosen.

So, is this possible with little to no customization? I don't mind doing some custom work, but I am nto a coder and would need hand holding.

Thanks for listening.

@@groan,

You can accomplish this by adding two contributions.

Payment on Account

Order Editor

Payment on Account allows the customer to checkout without making the payment, you will need to alter the wording to state the customer will receive a new invoice with the shipping costs added.

Order editor will allow you to edit the order to add the shipping costs.

Chris

Awesome!

First cart i've come across that has been able to do this without be needing to fuddle around with the code.

I'll give this a go.

One other question while I have your attention :)

Is there a tool to import the Canadian sales tax structure? I assume the US taxes are already in place.

That will be all for now.

Thanks a bunch.

Marc

@@groan,

Unfortunately, those two contributions will require some code 'fudling' but the instructions are pretty straight forward.

There is a Canadian Tax document to use to help set up the taxes, if you are in Canada, you don't collect US taxes and vice versa.

Chris

@@groan,

Unfortunately, those two contributions will require some code 'fudling' but the instructions are pretty straight forward.

There is a Canadian Tax document to use to help set up the taxes, if you are in Canada, you don't collect US taxes and vice versa.

Chris

Tax thing, Right!

I don't mind fuddling a bit and especially if the instructions are good.

Sounds like I have found a winner. Thanks again.

Sorry, i just realized I put this in under the version 2.0 support forum. Should be 3.0. I now have it installed and will commence testing.

I assume the above contributions will still apply?

Cheers

@@groan,

There is NO v3.x at this time. If you downloaded the developers release of v3.0.2, DELETE IT ! It's not working.

Chris

My bad,

Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

I used an auto-installer, saw the forum for 3.0 and thoguth I must have had the most recent. :)

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hi again!

I finally, after much trial and error, got the two scripts working.

I can put in an order and set it as "on account".

I can also edit the order to adjust the shipping, or whatever else i want for that matter.

The only thing I can't quite figure out is how to get he order to get back to the customer in such a state as they can change the payment type to Paypal. I'd almost need the order to go back into the customer's cart with the new shipping in place.

I'm struggling with this last part. I'll continue to thing about it and look at the other contributions and see if somewhere there is a golden nugget. If you think of something i'd love to hear.

Cheers. This is close.

Archived