• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this Usual 2.3.1 Behaviour?

Mort-lemur

Hi,

Building a replacement site using 2.3.1 and have noticed the following:

When I choose to pay using the paypal option and click on continue, I am taken direct to paypal.

when I choose the Bank Transfer option I have installed I am taken to the order confirmation page.

My question is - should the included paypal standard module skip the order confirmation page?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I didn't even notice that, I personally haven't used PayPal in over 5 years, but does it allow Guest to checkout that way?

No, if you don't have a PayPal account, it will redirect back to the website to create an account......if you do, it uses the PayPal information to create the account.

Chris

@@DunWeb

So if yourstore.com (Guest) buys something via PayPal then PayPal and Oscommerce will create an account for them on the fly? So its like Checkout Without An Account but only for PayPal?

wouldn't that cause problems if a customer who does have an account, but didn't feel like logging in just hit the PayPal button.. then got another account create from this process?

Odd...

Hi Chris - so even if he selects the paypal standard payment (ie checkbox) rather than hitting the paypal express graphic - it will still bypass checkout confirmation?

If so what is the best way to stop this?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Sorry - Ignore my last question, I removed it via payment modules in admin.

This also solves the problem I couldnt work out with the MATC contribution.

Many Thanks

Archived