• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

best way to incorporate existing HTML page sinto OSCommerce process?

qwertyjjj

I have a whole load of existing HTML pages, what isthe best way to incporate these into an oscomemrce shopping system?

For example, should my HTML home page should replace index.php in oscommerce?

Can I add buttons on an existing page that add items to the cart instead of the normal oscommerce route?

@@qwertyjjj,

You can't use HTML pages in osCommerce. osCommerce is written in PHP.

However, you can use an HTML landing page that is linked to your shopping cart and you can use information pages to incorporate other information you want to include in your website, but you can't just drop HTML pages into osCommerce.

Chris

Well you can and you can't.

You can create a new page very easily in php, include the relevant template for header / footer / columns, then paste your code into a div layer considered the body content.

Depending on what the page actually does it can be very easy .. example a information page with a some text and what nots.

or very difficult.. example an interactive page with forms iframes lots of javascript or ajax stuff.

You can create a new page very easily in php, include the relevant template for header / footer / columns, then paste your code into a div layer considered the body content.

Depending on what the page actually does it can be very easy .. example a information page with a some text and what nots.

or very difficult.. example an interactive page with forms iframes lots of javascript or ajax stuff.

I

basically have a few HTML pages with text and javascript menus.

By themselves they don;t do much but I would need to add a button on some pages which basicallty adds items into a shopping cart.

How can I create that add button and pass it to the OSC cart?

The problem I am really having is that the existing index.html page has various links to stylesheets and js files and these are getting mixed up with the existin OSC stylesheets.

In such case, Chris was pretty much right on the money, Oscommerce was built as its own shopping cart system. It sounds like you have a somewhat functional store type setup that you want to import into Oscommerce to take advantage of its functionality.

Your best bet, is to start over in Oscommerce and import as much as possible over to Oscommerce.

If you have a live shop I or someone maybe able to take a quick look at it and offer some guidance on what would be easy, what would be difficult and what might change.

Hope that helps,

Don

If the OP does this, then they are no longer HTML pages, hence my original answer of NO you can't use HTML pages in osCommerce was correct.

Chris

If the OP does this, then they are no longer HTML pages, hence my original answer of NO you can't use HTML pages in osCommerce was correct.

Chris

I want to get the existing HTML conetnt into the PHP pages.

For example, I have no need for any of the boxes on the OSC front "Top" page.

So, can I just have my own page that links to existing OSC URL pages, eg: I can take the Add to Cart button and put it on the homepage somewhere?

My existing site only has a little shop functionality but not really a cart system.

@@qwertyjjj

You're asking to use Oscommerce without using Oscommerce.

I want to get the existing HTML conetnt into the PHP pages.

For example, I have no need for any of the boxes on the OSC front "Top" page.

So, can I just have my own page that links to existing OSC URL pages, eg: I can take the Add to Cart button and put it on the homepage somewhere?

My existing site only has a little shop functionality but not really a cart system.

Oscommerce is not designed to do this. Something as simple as a link requires it to formated for Osc.. you'd have to so heavily modify what you have that it would be so much easier to start with a New Oscommerce package.

@@qwertyjjj

You're asking to use Oscommerce without using Oscommerce.

Oscommerce is not designed to do this. Something as simple as a link requires it to formated for Osc.. you'd have to so heavily modify what you have that it would be so much easier to start with a New Oscommerce package.

And just paste the relevant HTML into the PHP files?

If I need to streamline the OSC order process, can that be done, ie removing or combingin some of the checkout procedures?

@@qwertyjjj

And just paste the relevant HTML into the PHP files?

If I need to streamline the OSC order process, can that be done, ie removing or combining some of the checkout procedures?

Some of your html maybe able to be reused.

As for streamlining checkout, there is a 1 page checkout and lots of other options.

Oscommerce has been running for a long time, and there is very little that I have not seen it able to do. If you're looking at it thinking the design or basic fuctionality is not on par with what you have, chances are there is a module / add-on to do whatever you want.

Hope that helps

Archived