• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

database conversion from 2.2rcs > 2.3.1...no customer/order history

ggrant3

I did the database upgrade per the upgrade_guide.pdf file and it went smooth, but I noticed once I setup the whole 2.3.1 version that I didn't have any order history or existing customers.

Here's what I did, (basically as a practice run).

I made a copy of the current database, then created a new database on my server using that copy. Then made the changes (SQL Changes Only, since I am coming from a 2.2rc2 version) per the upgrade_guide.pdf. Then uploaded the 2.3.1 catalog files to a test231 directory I made in the root/catalog of my current shop. Everything seems to function fine, but I just don't have any customer or order history.

Can I import just a few particular tables from the current database (into the 2.3.1 version database) or should I just erase the new one (database) I made and try it again with another copy of the 2.2rc2 version and make the 2.3.1 changes again to it?

Okay I have done this process again and made sure each step was followed correctly and I still have no customer, or order history and my products don't show up.

By starting out with an existing database and then converting it (per the 2.3.1 upgrade guide) shouldn't all of my customer & order history & products appear?

Am I leaving a step out?

Anyone?

Archived