• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

@@PiLLaO No, there is no way this would work in 2.2

Delete button doesn't show confirm dialog

I'm not sure where or what you are referring to. There are a few dialogs.

@@oxwivi You may want to change the entire language. My server has been down for some time so I can't even get into mess with anything.

Right now you have:

$return['msg'] = sprintf(MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE, $min_order['products_name'], $min_order['minorder']);

and

define('MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE', "Minimum order amount for %s is %d. Your cart has been updated to reflect this.");

Try doing this:

$return['msg'] = MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE1 . $min_order['products_name'] . MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE2 . MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE3 . $min_order['minorder']

and

define('MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE1', "Minimum order amount for ");
define('MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE2', " is ");
define('MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE3', ". Your cart has been updated to reflect this.");

I'm not sure if it's the sprint that's not being defined, or the data.msg that's not being defined. Could be the spring isn't passing through the ajax call.

@@varina

The dialog boxes are id'd as account and addresses. So search id="account" and id="addresses" without searching case sensitive. Those are your dialog divs (at the very bottom of the page). Add a new div directly inside those divs, containing the content you want and it will place it directly above the rest of the dialog.

Search the page for 'newsletter' and comment out the entire line that contains that field (I think there's only one line).

open the language/checkout.php file, search "confirm" and change it to what you want. Here's the problem though. As I stated, that button is stationary. It is the submit button for login, create account AND checkout as guest. Same button for all three. That's why I defined it as confirm (continue or submit are other options), rather than log in.

Search the checkout.php file for a line that contains something to the effect of $('.ui-dialog-.......).addClass('ui-state-highlight'); about 3/4 of the way down the page, and comment that line out. It will change the dialog to match your theme.

Edited by fulluvscents

@@fulluvscents when you are in checkout.php you can modify products quantity or delete pushing the red cross. If you push the red cross the product is delete directly, but if you push this cross for error... the product is delete form cart. would be interesting to show a dialog to confirm you want to delete this product.

Regards!!

Okay, so I did more trials that are sensible and may help conclusively eliminate sources of error:

• I removed $min_order['products_name'] and $min_order['minorder'] along with their references in languages file. Still undefined error.
  • Removed all variables and done this: $return['msg'] = sprintf("Your cart has been updated, etc."); Still the same error.

With this tries I was thinking to include a standard, variable-free message and add a column with MOQ. But as you can see the error is beyond me. Hope this helps. I can give you access to my account's cPanel where I'm hosting the test osC if it will help you.

Question about changing code from checkout_confirmation.php

I am using Paypal, and I need to change some code in the above file to make my product titles show up instead of my store name.

With the mod, checkout_confirmation.php is by passed.

I can't seem to find any code in your checkout.php that is similar to the parts I need to modify.

Here is what I need to do. It is pretty simple, but I am stumped.

2- Open catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

Find:
-----
 require('includes/application_top.php');

Add after:
----------
 $_SESSION['FixOrder'] = "";

Find: (Put the entire sentence because there are two equal sentences, the last)
-----
<?php
 } else {
?>
			  <tr>
			    <td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PRODUCTS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
 }
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

Add after:
----------
  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] =  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] . $order->products[$i]['name'] . " x " . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . " ";

Find:
-----
   if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {
  for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
    echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nobr>';
  }
   }

Replace with this:
------------------
   if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {
  for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
    echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nobr>';
  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] =  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] . "(". $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] .")";
  }
   }
  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] =  $_SESSION['FixOrder']  ." | ";

Otherwise, everything is working great. We did a few test checkouts, and haven't encountered any issues.

On a funny note:

One time my hubby tried to edit and have a quantity of 2 for a product in the checkout (all of our items are unique, so that is not possible) and it threw him for a loop...he finally hit refresh and it took him back to the cart...silly men...

Anyways...hopefully my little problem isn't too hard to resolve.

-V

@@oxwivi

By the way, editing or adding new address at the checkout.php also gives the ability to edit/add name, gender, etc. Is there any specific reason for this? In any case, those details are not shown either at the checkout page or when choosing between different addresses.

If you go to my account, view or edit address book entries, and add address (or edit address), it'll show the exact same thing. Wrote this to mimic the stock forms. I'm gonna look back into that language define in a bit. I'm a little baffled by it.

@@PiLLaO

To add the confirm button:

Find:

cartDelete: function()
 {
 var row = $(this).parent();
 $.ajax(
  {
  data: 'action=cartDelete&pID=' + $(this).attr('data-pID'),
  success: function(data)
{
if (data.products == 0) {window.location = '<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'SSL');?>';return false;}
else
 {
 row.remove();
 checkout.headerShortcutsRefresh();
 checkout.colsRefresh();
 checkout.totalsRefresh();
 checkout.RowsRefresh('payment');
 if (data.shipping == 'false') $('#shipping').hide();
 else  {$('#shipping').show(); checkout.RowsRefresh('shipping');checkout.AddressRefresh('shipping');}
 }
}
  });
 },

change to:

cartDelete: function()
 {
	if (confirm('<?php echo CONFIRM_DELETE ;?>'))
	 {
  var row = $(this).parent();
  $.ajax(
{
data: 'action=cartDelete&pID=' + $(this).attr('data-pID'),
 {
 if (data.products == 0) {window.location = '<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'SSL');?>';return false;}
 else
  {
  row.remove();
  checkout.colsRefresh();
  else  {$('#shipping').show(); checkout.RowsRefresh('shipping');checkout.AddressRefresh('shipping');}
  }
 }
});
	 }
 },

open the checkout.php language file, and add the definition:

define('CONFIRM_DELETE', 'Are you sure you want to remove this item?');

@@varina

Here are your updated instructions. If they work, let me know and I'll add it as a compatibility feature.

Find:
-----
Add after:
----------
-----
  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++)
{
Add after:
----------
  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] =  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] . $products[$i]['name'] . " x " . $products[$i]['qty'] . " ";
Find:
-----
if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes']))
 while (list($option, $value) = each($products[$i]['attributes']))
  {
  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('attr[' . $products[$i]['id'] . '][' . $option . ']', $value);
  $attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$products[$i]['id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$option . "' and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id and pa.options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "' and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and poval.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes);
  $productAttributes .= '<br /><small><i> - ' . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';
  }
Replace with this:
------------------
if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes']))
  {
  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('attr[' . $products[$i]['id'] . '][' . $option . ']', $value);
  $attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$products[$i]['id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$option . "' and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id and pa.options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "' and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and poval.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $productAttributes .= '<br /><small><i> - ' . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';
  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] =  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] . "(". $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ': ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'] .")";
  }

Edited to change code for Varina.

Edited by fulluvscents

@@oxwivi

Umm, yeah, so I made some changes to my file that you didn't have, and that's why it worked for me, and not you.

Download the newest changes and replace the checkout.php file (modified as needed).

Then, the codes that I've last given you should work correctly.

For recap:

find:

else {foreach($_POST['qty'] as $pID => $qty) $cart->update_quantity($pID, $qty, $_POST['attr'][$pID]);}

replace with:

//Minimum quantity code
//   else {foreach($_POST['qty'] as $pID => $qty) $cart->update_quantity($pID, $qty, $_POST['attr'][$pID]);}
  else
{
foreach($_POST['qty'] as $pID => $qty)
 {
 if(MINIMUM_ORDERS == 'true')
  {
  $min_order_query = tep_db_query("select minorder, products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_id = '". $pID ."'");
  while ($min_order = tep_db_fetch_array($min_order_query))
  if ($qty < $min_order['minorder'])
   {
   $qty=$min_order['minorder'];
   $return['msg'] = sprintf(MINIMUM_ORDER_NOTICE, $min_order['products_name'], $min_order['minorder']);
   $return['status'] = 'warning';
   }
  }
 $cart->update_quantity($pID, $qty, $_POST['attr'][$pID]);
 }
}
//End Minimum quantity code

Find:

cartUpdate: function()
 {
 var pID = $(this).attr('data-pID');
 $.ajax(
  {
  data: 'action=cartUpdate&' + decodeURIComponent($('#cartContent').find('[name^=qty[' + pID + ']], [name^=attr[' + pID + ']]').serialize()),
{
else
 {
 checkout.cartRefresh();
 checkout.colsRefresh();
 }
}
  });
 },

Replace with:

cartUpdate: function()
 {
 var pID = $(this).attr('data-pID');
 $.ajax(
  {
  data: 'action=cartUpdate&' + decodeURIComponent($('#cartContent').find('[name^=qty[' + pID + ']], [name^=attr[' + pID + ']]').serialize()),
{
else
 {
 checkout.cartRefresh();
 checkout.colsRefresh();
//Minimum quantity code
 if (data.msg != '') checkout.errMessage(data.status, data.msg);
//Minimum quantity code
 }
}
  });
 },

@@varina

I also uploaded a fix to the breadcrumb issue.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I do believe this thing is bug free. Now, THAT is refreshing.

if I missed anything, then please let me know / remind me.

@@varina & @@oxwivi Tell me how those last compatibility instructions work for you. When I have working instructions for merging other contributions, I'll get them uploaded and cross referenced with the other contribs.

Thou art awesome in every sense of the word. Though you did say that you dislike your hard work being freely used, you really overreached yourself to help us out. This is experience has increased my preference in open-source and made me want to contribute back many times over.

Like I said before the addon in question was Minimum Product Quantity, with it's latest release in the last decade for osC 2.2. Will try to ascertain that all the function works with 2.3.1 and release tweaked codes and updated instructions.

Oh, okay then. If you get a 2.3.1 version going and upload it, then just send the compatibility instructions my way, and I'll add it to my files.

And NO, it isn't about the work being freely used. I have no problem sharing. It's about vultures waiting around for free contributions that they can take credit for and profit from. For example, this nice piece of work. Yes, I'm calling a pig a pig and a POS a POS.

With ezOSC's ONE-PAGE Checkout........

Don't Forget! ezOSC stands behind every piece of software we develop!

That mod was developed by itwebexperts, and hacked by me and several others. I never took credit for developing it. But, I'll be a son of a ....., when someone takes credit for developing THIS checkout, I think we just might have some issues. So yeah, vultures. If you're gonna get paid for MY work, you better at least give credit where it's due.

And yes, that was my rant for the day.

Edited by fulluvscents

@@varina

Here are your updated instructions. If they work, let me know and I'll add it as a compatibility feature.

Find:
-----
Add after:
----------
-----
  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++)
{
Add after:
----------
  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] =  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] . $products[$i]['name'] . " x " . $products[$i]['qty'] . " ";
Find:
-----
  {
  }
Replace with this:
------------------
  {
  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] =  $_SESSION['FixOrder'] . "(". $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ': ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'] .")";
  }

Edited to change code for Varina.

Thanks for converting this for me. Unfortunately it didn't do what it was supposed to. I got a input text box instead of my item name. Without any coding in checkout.php I got the same thing yesterday. So it looked all pretty but didn't do anything. :(

I double checked the add on's coding in 3 page checkout, and while it kind of worked, it didn't quite give me what I wanted with more than one item in the cart.

I need to abandon that add on and find a better one. Grr...

It is so annoying that they changed the Paypal checkout from v 2.2. I really liked the itemized descriptions...now I have to try and find something else that will work.

@@varina

I also uploaded a fix to the breadcrumb issue.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I do believe this thing is bug free. Now, THAT is refreshing.

if I missed anything, then please let me know / remind me.

@@varina & @@oxwivi Tell me how those last compatibility instructions work for you. When I have working instructions for merging other contributions, I'll get them uploaded and cross referenced with the other contribs.

Yay on the breadcrumbs. I downloaded your newest version and things look great.

Two little things I would like to modify...

The hang time on the error boxes - how do I make it longer? (a lot of our customers are old and slow...and the box disappears kind of quick...)

A space below (between) the products. I am a little OCD too, and those darn touching images really bother me, and I've tried a bunch of different ways to add a space, and can't find the right way to do it. ;)

Thanks.

-V

Thanks for your work on this contribution.

I am trying to use Paypal Express and it just keeps sending me back to checkout.php. Here's the flow with the new contrib.. I login, go to checkout.php, it gives me a button to checkout using Paypal, I click it, log in to Paypal, then it takes me back to the checkout.php, when I click on confirm order it tells me to "Please select a payment method" and the order never gets processed.

I would like it to work like this and need to know if it's possible: go to checkout.php, click confirm, sends you to paypal, pay, returns back to "thank You" message. I like the express module because an order will not get generated in the admin if someone backs out of Paypal like in the standard module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeff

@@varina

The hang time on the message dialog is here. Just change the 2000, maybe to 3000.

setTimeout(function (){$('#message').dialog('close');$('#messagecontent').empty();}, 2000);

Cart item display is here:

echo '<div class="contentText">
		 <div class="left" style="width:' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>
   <div class="left wid200"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>
   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</div>
   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . tep_draw_input_field('qty[' . $products[$i]['id'] . ']', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="2" data-pID="' . $products[$i]['id'] . '"') . '</div>
   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</div>
   <div class="left wid25 t-right iconred mrt5 pointer" id="cartDelete" data-pID="' . $products[$i]['id'] . '">✘</div>
   <div class="clear"></div>
  </div>';

Change the first line to

echo '<div class="contentText padtop10">

If the padding is too much, you'll need to add a class for a smaller pad, and apply that class to the div.

@@JeffDaniels

I assume it works correctly when you click on PayPal from the shopping cart or from the stock checkout?

Where is your website? I'd like to see it in action so I know exactly what it's doing.

Thanks for the reply. If I use Paypal express with the out of the box checkout, it works fine. When I have this contrib installed it doesn't matter if I click "checkout with Paypal" on the shopping_cart.php or checkout.php it always brings me back to the checkout.php page after I login to paypal and select to pay. Then it won't let me confirm because it says I need to select a payment. My test site is located here: http://6litereaterdesigns.com/teststore

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jeff

First of all this is a great contrib thanks!

I'm using a custom theme and having trouble with the placement of the login/create account box that first appears in checkout. Can you direct me to the css to change it?

when I look at it in Chrome Inspect Element it displays as below:

<div style="outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; height: auto; width: 400px; top: -1291px; left: 748px; display: block; z-index: 1007; " class="ui-dialog ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all " tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="ui-dialog-title-account"><div class="ui-dialog-titlebar ui-widget-header ui-corner-all ui-helper-clearfix" style="display: none; "><span class="ui-dialog-title" id="ui-dialog-title-account"> </span><a href="#" class="ui-dialog-titlebar-close ui-corner-all" role="button"><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-closethick">close</span></a></div>.............</div>

I can find all the code in between but would like to alter the placement of the div it is inside.

Thanks

Edited by dog-toyz

Incredibly good addon, a must for any Oscommerce stores!

This is really the best checkoutsystem ever made for Oscommerce. The Installation only takes a minute to do and will certainly make it easier for your customers to shop at your store.

@@fulluvscents is my Oscommerce hero! Fantastic work, and a big step to bring oscommerce to a modern ecommerce system thats fits the needs of 2012.

Thank you so much for your contribution.

@@dog-toyz

The dialog boxes are in the following code:

Find:

$('#message').dialog(
 {
 shadow: true,
 modal: false,
 draggable: false,
 resizable: false,
 closeOnEscape: false,
 position: ['center', 50],
 width: 480,
 height: 75,
 open: function ()
  {
  $('.ui-dialog-titlebar', $(this).parent()).hide();
  setTimeout(function (){$('#message').dialog('close');$('#messagecontent').empty();}, 2000);
  }
 });
$('#loader').dialog(
 {
 shadow: false,
 modal: true,
 position: ['center', 100],
 width: 75,
 height: 100,
  {
  $('.ui-dialog-titlebar', $(this).parent()).hide();
  $(this).parent().addClass('nobord');
  },
 });
 $('#account').dialog(
 {
 shadow: true,
 width: 400,

$('#addresses').dialog(
{
shadow: false,
modal: true,
width: 400,

Under position: change the number 100 to move the placement of the boxes up or down.

@@JeffDaniels

I still don't like the fix per se, but it works.

In checkout_confirmation.php

Find and CUT:

// CHECKOUT START
 if (CHECKOUT_ENABLED == 'True') tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT, '', 'SSL'));
// CHECKOUT END

Then PASTE it AFTER the following:

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {
$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();
 }

Edited by fulluvscents

When I try and add more than one different products to the cart and checkout I get this error...

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

FYI...my shop has been motified to allow a customer to add more than one different size attribute to there order. (they can add and order one small, 2 mediums, 3 larges on the product info page.)

Love the addon. Any help would be appreciated...

AWESOME. The order gets processed now. It works the best if you click the stock "checkout" button on the shopping cart then click "checkout with Paypal" on checkout.php. Paying with Paypal this way will take you to a "thank you" page and the order is processed correctly. This is the only way it will work but it's better than what it was. Thank You for your help getting this working. I will just remove the "checkout by paypal" on the shopping cart and the "confirm order" button on checkout.php. This will force customers to create an account and then use paypal to pay. Thanks so much for all your work on this.

Jeff