• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Parse Error: Syntax Error" etc etc.

dominicmelton

Hi guys.

Firstly I'll set the picture, I initially installed os commerce version 2.3.1. This went well, I had it up and running.

I attempted to edit some text on a page by editing includes/lang/english/index.php. I used basic text, and put it in the appropriate area. However, I used 'Textedit' on the mac for this. I uploaded it. When attempting to visit my site I was met with

"Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected T-STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or '(' in /websites/123reg/linuxpackage21/pr/in/ts/printstones.co.uk/public_html/oscommerce/index.php on line 9"

I decided it would be easier to delete the whole directory and database and start again. I downloaded oscommerce 3.0.2, uploaded it to my hosting, and when attempting to access it, I was met again with the above error message!

I am completely confused! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dominic.

@@dominicmelton,

I decided it would be easier to delete the whole directory and database and start again. I downloaded oscommerce 3.0.2, uploaded it to my hosting, and when attempting to access it, I was met again with the above error message!

OOPS, MISTAKE !

v3.0.2 is a developers release and NOT production ready. Delete it !

Chris

Dominic,

Your original problem was caused by you either deleting the ' at the beginning or end of your text or not escaping ' within the text e.g. it's should be it\'s your's should be your\'s

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is how everyone\'s text should look like within a define');

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Archived