• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

Apologies.  I caught the ascending -> descending change, but I missed the $sort_id change.  

However, I posted this inappropriately anyway; I should have started a new thread.   The V4 intl rate V2 module failed to apply insurance on my international shipping, (as seen here) so I have the 'original' USPS module in place (Methods V7.3.1), and it doesn't have that line of code in it.  I know that module has lots of problems, but it works for the 3 methods I offer, and the insurance works.  I'd resigned to the fact that I was stuck with it until Jim's 'Codes' module is in release.

My thoughts in posting here were that there might have been a way to order it in checkout_shipping.  I know wouldn't be the 'right' fix, but it would make for a temporary workaround. 

I'll reinstall V4 intl rate V2 and see if I still have issues with insurance.

Thanks for putting up with my nonsense.

I thought about testing/fixing the Extra Services portion of this module, but been too busy. I've never tested it and assume it's just broken. Perhaps this summer and definitely not this month. The workaround seems to be okay and I too have recently restructured the sort order on my own store. Will look into it someday...

Jim,

These are my values:

Under Config>Shipping/Packaging

Max Package Weight = 15.5

Tare Weight = .5

Large Package % Increase = 0

Under Catalog>Categories/Products

Book Weight = .59

CD Weight = .14

Under Modules>Shipping>USPS

1st-Class Lg. Env. Min = 0, Max = 1.75

1st-Class Parcel Min = 0, Max = 15.5

Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

Just wanted to point out that if your Configuration > Shipping/Packaging > Max Package Weight is set AND your customer's shopping cart exceeds that weight, this module will [ (shopping cart weight / max package weight) * shipping cost for one package] to calculate postage costs. Max Package Weight essentially assumes each box you plan to ship will not exceed that weight.

The USPS has lots of arcane rules for the various classes, and way too many classes. I'm not sure it's possible to know all of them.

Regards

Jim

I've memorized most of them, since USPS sneakily prints those weight limits on most of their Flat Rate/Regional Rate boxes. But low and behold USPS has intentions to change domestic First-Class (including its CLASSID for parcels) and almost all Extra Service <ServiceID> around May 31, 2015.

Problem USPS is not saving shipping Methods, extra Services Doc or Intern.

First it is running under my live site.  Running under just OSC234.  I have gone in selected edit made a change and all is fine.

I'm in my test site, where I'm trying to setup Bootstrap.  A couple days ago all was working.  In running a test order the USPS was not coming up as an option.  I go to modules/shipping and see that the shipping methods and extra services all say Array.  This was after changing the first class shipping weight. 

I have uninstalled, refreshed, installed, click edit,  but checks by shipping methods and extra services, save and all gos away.

I reloaded the usps.php file from a backup and tried the above again same thing.

I'm puzzled,

Any ideas?

Dean

@@dculley  This is usually caused by failing to make the changes to admin/modules.php. If that is the case, make those changes and then uninstall and reinstall the module to fix the corrupted database entries.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You where right,  the usps code lines where not there.  Because it was working for months and up untell a couple days ago, I did not think about that being the problem.  Now I need to find out who reset the modules.php file. 

Thanks for your help.

Dean

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to sort the rates from lowest to highest instead of highest to lowest as they are right now? I'm using USPS with dimensional support v6.5 with osc 2.3.4.

Thanks.

I really need some help!  I am getting this error when I click on the shipping module (backend):  Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_usps_services() in /catalog/admin/modules.php(275) : eval()'d code on line 1.  The only addon i've installed is the "USPS Restrict Methods." Can someone please tell me what I've done wrong?

Need help please. I had to dump my site because having problems with mindspax not working with php5. So I'm reinstalling my addons. I have down loaded your latest version, and so in your notes the new usps.php in message # 149 and used it to set up my modules shipping. i went to add the usps mod over and it looked ok until i hit edit, then i received the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_usps_services() in /home/content/l/a/d/lady3597/html/catalog/admin/modules.php(275) : eval()'d code on line 1.

Can you help?

Dean

I am having the same problem!  maybe you can shed some light on me.   really need some help! I am getting this error when I click on the shipping module (backend): Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_usps_services() in /catalog/admin/modules.php(275) : eval()'d code on line 1.

The only addon i've installed was Jetta's contrib - "USPS Restrict Methods." Please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I am running OScommerce 2.3.3 that had a USPS module as part of its package. Should I have nstalled another USPS module before installing Jetta's Contrib?

OK. I feel like I am close to installing this. Inside my Admin I am getting this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_usps_services() in /home/content/36/7821036/html/warehouse/catalog/admin/modules.php(235) : eval()'d code on line 1

I started with a fresh install.

i AM HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.  I really need some help.

@@diannecl  You state that you are using the stock osCommerce module and "USPS Restrict Methods." This is not the support thread for either of those. I suggest that you use this module, or ask in the general support forum for the combination that you're using.

Regards

Jim

@@diannecl  You state that you are using the stock osCommerce module and "USPS Restrict Methods." This is not the support thread for either of those. I suggest that you use this module, or ask in the general support forum for the combination that you're using.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim! I'll start with the general support forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm using the USPS Methods Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 - Rev. 3.5.2. I have a problem with moving forward through checkout when selecting USPS First-Class Mail® Parcel shipping method, no problems with any other methods or carriers. The page just refreshes but doesn't go further to select payment. Is anybody else having the same problem? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks.

@@Irin

Hello,

I'm using the USPS Methods Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 - Rev. 3.5.2. I have a problem with moving forward through checkout when selecting USPS First-Class Mail® Parcel shipping method, no problems with any other methods or carriers. The page just refreshes but doesn't go further to select payment. Is anybody else having the same problem? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Is the total weight for the order over 14 oz? That is the maximum for First-Class mail.

Malcolm

Find this line in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php and remove the slashes:

//mail( STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, STORE_OWNER, $mail_body );

Then run a test order. You'll get an email with the request sent to USPS and the response. If the answer isn't obvious, post the contents of that email here and we'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

Hello Jim,

The version that I have installed right now, USPS with Dimensions Support v6.5 for osCommerce 2.3.4 by wdepot, doesn't have this line in it. Is there any other way I can check what's wrong?

Thanks.

This thread is only for support of the USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 module. I'm not familiar with that other module so I don't know how to debug it. Try asking in the support thread for the module that you have.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

@@kymation

I'm trying to find how to show shipping options when customer has reached Free Shipping.  We ship free shipping ground.  When the customer has reached the free shipping amount the shopping cart will only show the free shipping option.  I'm trying to get it to show both.  So they can pick free shipping or another method to get it faster.

How do I get the shopping cart to offer all shipping options?

Thanks

Dean

@@kymation

I have the USPS installed and has been working great. 

With Christmas coming up I want to offer free shipping on the total order when the dollar amount is meet, but being that we ship only ground for free shipping, I wanted the USPS options to all so show up so the customer can choose a shipping method if they wanted it sooner.

When we run promotions and offer some items to ship free (with the ship free addon) the checkout will show "items ship free"  and offer the options of USPS for the rest. 

There is a Free Shipping module that lets you set a minimum dollar amount to activate. The free shipping option will then show alongside the UPS options.

Is that not what you want? Maybe I'm not understanding what you want, so feel free to correct me.

Regards

Jim