• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

httpClient is stock osCommerce (includes/classes/http_client.php). I don't know why that wouldn't be working. Did you make some other changes that would have disabled that class, or removed the instantiation?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Check that this line is in checkout_shipping.php (line 14 in a stock copy)

require('includes/classes/http_client.php');

Regards

Jim

Then the class is there. Maybe it's a problem with your version of PHP. Sorry, I can't think of any other reason right now.

Regards

Jim

no origanlly on 5.2, tested with 5.4 and had more errors so i switched back to 5.2. think my issues from upgrading from 2.3.1 up to 2.3.3.4 without using the full install, but just the update files.

So I wiped it all out used the full installer for 2.3.3.4 and have started re-installing this module. no longer getting errors but at the sametime no shipping options is showing up on the site. my info is saved ok in the config, so right now I'm lost. I tried using the modules.php in files to modify with and without the modifications in the readme. dunno which way it should be but my info saves after i mod the file from the readme. any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks.

Then open includes/modules/shipping/usps.php in a text editor and uncomment this line:

// mail( STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, STORE_OWNER, $mail_body );

Then run a test order. You will get an email with the response from the USPS. If you can't figure that out, post it here in a code block and we'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

On May 12 2014, USPS announced that it was retiring the RateV3 API later this year (target date: September 28, 2014). I'm hoping that this doesn't affect us at all. We're using USPS Methods 6.3.1, and when I've captured some of the XML exchanges with the USPS servers, I see tons of tags like <RateV4Response>. I'm hoping that means that we're already using V4 of the API, and as such don't care about V3 going away. But I'm not sure (most suspiciously, the version history of USPS Methods notes the change to V3 (at version 4.0 of the module) but never a change to V4 of the API. If someone could confirm that the "V4" used in communications with the USPS represents "USPS API Version 4", I'd rest easier.

Thanks in advance,

David

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been fighting this all weekend till now. For some reason V4 is not allowing my USPS userid. I have been on the phone with them for two days now and they say my account is in fact working on their end but when I put the key in and save it comes back to none. Anyone have a clue what is going on with this mod ?

Are you saying that the module does not save the value? That could be an error in admin/modules.php. Check your changes carefully. I suggest comparing it against the one in the Addon package you downloaded, or just use the file from the addon package.

Regards

Jim

I reinstalled the new addon a bit ago and still the same thing. Yes when I put my ID in and click save it does not save anything I do in it. I just installed Oscom this weekend and got everything working cept the USPS mod.

From a 2008 post that was made in live chat few mins ago where this guy posted he went into his USPS

"update my includes/modules/shipping/usps.php. It had NONE 'hardcoded' in there. Around line 235, I changed it to my userid, deactivated the usps module in admin>modules>shipping>usps"

I just done this and it now shows my id but still not saving anything I add for shipping..

I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no "NONE" on line 135 or anywhere near that. Go download the module from here and install it. Uninstall and get rid of whatever nonsense you have installed first.

Regards

Jim

Go look in your database. Search the configuration table for a configuration_key like MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_%. You should get 12 results. If there are more, look for duplicates and remove the extras.

Regards

Jim