• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

I have upload your usps.php file and modified the modules.php file to this:

modules.php

This modules.php or the one orginal one in phoenix I sill get the below error messages. 

Before installing the USPS in modules\shipping, when I click on install module red button- before I even click on the +install module org button i have these errors.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; usps has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 18

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 31

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TAX_CLASS - assumed 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TAX_CLASS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 33

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 34

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER - assumed 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 48

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER - assumed 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 49

After - When going to admin and installing the USPS at the very top there is this error:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; usps has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 18

line 18 is:  class usps {

I'm not a programmer so I don't see anything wrong.

I'm still getting the ( ; in the boxes.  unable to type and save a dollar amount. 

class nb_brand {
    var $code = 'nb_brand';
    var $group = 'navbar_modules_home';
    var $title;
    var $description;
    var $sort_order;
    var $enabled = false;    

function __construct() {
      $this->title = MODULE_NAVBAR_BRAND_TITLE;
      $this->description = MODULE_NAVBAR_BRAND_DESCRIPTION;

this is from one of the modules. if you have  function  named usps change it to _construct.

function __construct() {.   

18 hours ago, dculley said:

I have upload your usps.php file and modified the modules.php file to this:

modules.php

This modules.php or the one orginal one in phoenix I sill get the below error messages. 

Before installing the USPS in modules\shipping, when I click on install module red button- before I even click on the +install module org button i have these errors.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; usps has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 18

After - When going to admin and installing the USPS at the very top there is this error:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; usps has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 18

line 18 is:  class usps {

I'm not a programmer so I don't see anything wrong.

I'm still getting the ( ; in the boxes.  unable to type and save a dollar amount. 

Edited by hungryfrank

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

1 hour ago, hungryfrank said:

class nb_brand {
    var $code = 'nb_brand';
    var $group = 'navbar_modules_home';
    var $title;
    var $description;
    var $sort_order;
    var $enabled = false;    

function __construct() {
      $this->title = MODULE_NAVBAR_BRAND_TITLE;
      $this->description = MODULE_NAVBAR_BRAND_DESCRIPTION;

this is from one of the modules. if you have  function  named usps change it to _construct.

function __construct() {.   

@hungryfrank

I went under usps.php and could not find anything close to the above.  I found a function usps() { at line 25.  changed it to functions_construct() { and it blocked it from showing up in admin to add. 

• 4 weeks later...

It has been awhile.  I never got USPS up and running.  I had dumped the older versions of Phoenix having to many problems.  Started over with a fresh clean version 1.0.6.0 now own 1.0.6.1.  Has anyone gotten it to work with this venison?  If so what files did you have to change?  If you don't mind sharing.  I have the old zip file USPS.  What do I need to do?

Thanks for any help.  Please keep in mind I'm not a coder and don't under stand the 'hook' system. 

It seems that I have the application_top.php working and the modules.php working.  Not getting any errors.

Having trouble with the usps.php  under the includes/modules/shipping.  I'm not getting any php errors, but the edit screen is not not right.  Can not put anything the boxes and the $ side is not lining up.  Having trouble finding the issue. 

image.png.a6c40c54fe31b745c3510947e80cc7a9.png

modules.php

application_top.php

usps.php

the $ its in line 811 I would play with the width of the div see if it its fixed and change it to fa fa whatever

but this doesn't have anything to do with the form not working. 

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

Found the problem with the ( ; in the boxes.  When I go to install USPS in modules shipping. The data is change the input of the this line from comma to ;

Don't know why?  But when I go into the data file and change all the ; back to commas soon as I back to edit and make changes it all goes back to ;.  Makes no since to me. 

'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES', '0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00

changes to  0;70;0.00;0;70;0.00;0;70;0.00;0;70;0.00;0;70;0.00

I still have the WARNINGS  for USPS.php  lines 31, 33, 34,48 & 49.  If I turn off 'display errors' in PHP.  It allows me to install.  But still can not edit from the 'usps return methods' down to 'retail pricing' and will not show up on the checkout shipping options.  I tried and change function usps(){  to  function _ consturct(){   That did not work. I would not let USPS show to install. 

Would modules.php have anything to with it?

I have installed and uninstalled several times.  Gone in the data base to see what it looks like and after I uninstall I go back in to make sure it is out of the data base. 

I'm under 1.0.6.2 and PHP 3 now.

have u tried this? it s a newer usps.    which one r u using?

https://apps.oscommerce.com/RpbDz&usps-with-dimensions-support-v-6-54-1

Edited by hungryfrank

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

@Jack_mcs

Thanks Jack.  I gave it a try. 

No PHP errors.  That's better.

Loads fine.  'but' it is doing the same thing with the data.  When you click on edit I still get this:

image.png.222653115a084a6c10428079dd67bbd6.png

Some how the data base changes the comas to :

Shipping Methods (Domestic and Intl)
0;70;0.00;0;70;0.00;0;70;0.00;0;70;0.00;
0;70;0.00

I also checked some of the boxes and when you hit save and go back in nothing is saved on the screen.

image.png.6ea4668c4b487028d59630c429027b93.png

Before I had gone in to the data base and edited the information and saved.  It worked one time then reverted back.  I don't under stand but I'm not a coder.  I don't under stand why the data base changes the data. 

Thanks for the effort.  I really appreciate it.

I loved this program and used it for many years in OSC 2.3.4.  I like the flex of it. 

3 hours ago, dculley said:

Loads fine.  'but' it is doing the same thing with the data.  When you click on edit I still get this

I made some changes in the attached file. It is still not right but I don't have too much spare time to spend on it at the moment. Hopefully it will get you a little closer.

usps.php

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

Just walked back in.  It is a challenge.

You seem to be a lot closer.  This time it held the data by added a ton of semicolons. Out put still off.  Changing the width did not help.  $ still on top.

image.png.b865133b29ffca0cd7791d91825e2da1.png 

Shipping Methods (Domestic and Intl)
0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I'm in no rush.  I appreciate you trying to help. 

@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack.  I had time to work on it.  Solved the above problem.  Now just have to get it to show up on the checkout_shipping.php.  Under the 'Delivery Page".  

I removed all the commas from the entry above and replaced it with the semicolon.  I also changed line 816 width back to 55.

All boxes seems to be holding the data.   Now just got to figure how to get it to show up on the Delivery Page options.

usps.php

@dculleyThe problem is that the commas are being changed to semi-colons for some reason. Since I don't have to much  time to work on this, I added code to convert them as needed. It's a sloppy fix but seems to work. Please give it a try.

usps.php

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

Good to hear from you.  Ran your usps.php.  Has a few hick ups.  The mim max box's are not large enough but the data is holding true. 

image.png.a4b357c6e29cf89d7bb77ab6ca45aea0.png

And the extra services dom and int boxs are not holding.  When I check the box's and go back into edit the check marks are back to the left.  Not holding the data. 

Still not showing up under Delivery on check out. 

2 hours ago, dculley said:

Still not showing up under Delivery on check out. 

I tried it here and the rates are showing on the delivery page. Did you enter an account number and zip code in the settings? Is the address on your shop account valid? You may need to uninstall/install again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

I had already uninstalled it.  Refreshed than I reinstalled just now.  I have the account number filled in and zip code.  I'm using the same account that I had.  Same zip code.  I don't see anything wrong with the address.  My side still not showing up on check out.  I don't see why.  Will keep playing with it. 

Also every time I go into edit I have to reset the extra services for both Domestic and International. The usps.php I changed above the service areas held. Don't see why it's not on your latest one. 

I will come back to it in a bit.