• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

I really need to get back to work on writing a new module. There are ways to make the USPS changes easier to handle, and I've got a good start on that. I just need to do the last 20% or so of the work. If I can only find the time.

Whenever you get to that module I'll help test if you need that.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Set Send Debug Email in the module setup to True and run a test order. Post the contents of the debug email here.

Regards

Jim

Request:

API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="**********"><Revision>2</Revision></RateV4Request>

Response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Error><Number>-2147221202</Number><Source>Common:XmlParse</Source><Description>The element 'RateV4Request' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'RateClientType, Package'.</Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error>

Errors:

Edited by dmjs

Hello all,

I installed the Rate V4, IR V2  but when I go to my site, the only choice I see is Flat Rate? I also noticed that when I added my USPS login and saved it, the array that defaults to 70 lbs all went to nothing even though I checked a handful of shipping methods. I tried reinstalling without changing anything, went to save it, and again all 70's went to nothing. ? I just want something simple that works. The "stock" USPS didn't work either. I added paypal and authorize.net and they seem to function correctly.

Tom

Uninstall and reinstall the module to reset the data that was lost due to the incorrect modules.php. Also check that your store's Postal Code code is set in your Admin >> Configuration >. Shipping/Packaging.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

The postal code was already set so I uninstalled and then reinstalled the USPS module. I made sure that the product had a weight (29lbs) and Again, it seems to be fine until I run the site. since I am shipping to the same zip, could that be throwing it off?

Tom

The destination should not matter. Set Send Debug Email in the module setup to True and run a test order. Post the contents of the debug email here.

Regards

Jim

Request:
API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="SHIPPING@BYRDTOOLCORP"

><Revision>2</Revision><Package ID="0"><Service>STANDARD POST</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="1"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="2"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>SM FLAT RATE BOX</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="3"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>MD FLAT RATE BOX</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="4"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>LG FLAT RATE BOX</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="5"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>REGIONALRATEBOXA</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="6"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>REGIONALRATEBOXB</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="7"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>REGIONALRATEBOXC</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="8"><Service>EXPRESS COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>42754</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>42754</ZipDestination><Pounds>32</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package></RateV4Request>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Number>80040B1A</Number><Description>Username exceeds maximum length.</Description><Source>USPSCOM::DoAuth</Source></Error>

Errors:

That is not a valid USPS Web tools username. You can apply for a Web tools username and password on the USPS website. See the instructions for this module for more information.

Regards

Jim

You're welcome. Sometimes it's the little things that get you. At least this time it's not another attempt by the USPS to sabotage their API, just in time for the Christmas rush.

Edit: Go look in the Addons section for the UPS XML module.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

• 3 months later...

Howdy,

I'm getting this error (have not encountered before) : 1406 - Data too long for column 'configuration_description' at row 1

New install (Bootstrap 2.3.4 Edge ) PHP 5.4.16 / mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.23

I saw it in this thread above but didn't find a solution.

I followed the suggestion to change the table 'configuration_description' type to text, which does work for me, but I'd rather fix the root cause than change the structure of the database.

Any suggestions? 

The proper solution would involve recoding this addon to work with the standard osComemrce database configuration. That's probably never going to happen.

i need to finish my replacement for this module. That will require only the stock database table.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I'm setting up my new site to run under bootstrap.  So at the moment it is still in testing.  I have installed the latest USPS and set it up under modules.  I have added one customer and trying to test out the checkout to see its layout.  When I go to (click on) checkout I get the following message:

Shipping is currently not available for the selected shipping address.  Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase.

So I added another shipping address and get the same thing.  Other then copying over the latest usps to Modules and installing/completing the setup screen, is there any other files that need to be configured?

That is one of the first things I did.

Country of origin: US

Postal Code: 29420

Enter the max package weight: 50

Package tare weight: 0

Lgr pcks: 0

allow orders not matching defined shipping zones: False