• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

I use notepad++  and if the code is  confusing I use winmerge to double check

both free to download just google

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Find in phpmyadmin/your database/ SQL  button

on top nav bar when you press you should see a window here you paste the code and click GO if you do right you will see a success message

notepad++  has a lot more features I use the search function regularly

Edited by joli1811

yes that is ok if you go now to your table: configuration you will see the change probably towards the end you will also now see the text in admin under

configuration/Shipping/Packaging/

Should orders be allowed to shipping addresses not matching defined shipping module shipping zones

A lot of addons requires you to execute an SQL change so that is how you do

Edited by joli1811

Should I mark both things that are false as true?

Country of Origin: United States icon_info.gif

Postal Code: 17078 icon_info.gif

Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship: 10 icon_info.gif

Package Tare weight:. .05 icon_info.gif

Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones: False icon_info.gif

Larger packages - percentage increase:. 1 icon_info.gif

Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones: False icon_arrow_right.gif

Edited by naschell81

@@naschell81

Oh oh seems you now have x 2 so means you did somehow install the first so now you have to drop again

I think maybe this is the wrong thread as your problem seems to be more with the order total module not showing as with USPS shipping

so will answer in a new thread now do not want to confuse this thread

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I installed the latest version 3.5.2  on my v2.2 RC2a. There was an old version on there which for some reason old developers renamed everything USPS61 (in files, file names etc). The site was not showing 1st class international quotes at all, and 1st class domestic was missing the shipping type name at check out. I presumed I could just uninstall the USPS61 version and install the latest one, but now there seems to be a lot of fields missing in the admin. See attached file. Any ideas on what could cause this? I am no hot programmer but the developer who implemented the last renamed version went AWOL. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edited by shooshoos

You need to uninstall your old module before installing the new one. Failure to do so will result in leftover database entries, which then cause spurious unnamed entry fields like the ones in your image.

You can fix this by first uninstalling the current module. Then search through your database configuration table for any keys containing USPS and delete those. After that you can install the module again.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks so much! It worked perfectly and is calculating all shipping types - the only thing is now the following refuses to stay unchecked - I update and it still has the check marks anyway. Is this a known issue? If it is a dumb question I apologize - thrown in deep end here

Extra Services (Domestic)
Certified Mail®, Insurance, Adult Signature Restricted Delivery, Registered without Insurance, Registered Mail™, Collect on Delivery, Return Receipt for Merchandise, Return Receipt, Certificate of Mailing, Express Mail Insurance, Delivery Confirmation™, Signature Confirmation™

Extra Services (Intl)
Registered Mail, Insurance, Return Receipt, Restricted Delivery, Pick-Up, Certificate of Mailing

Hi - I did make the changes as far as I know. I tried to use the modules.php supplied in Files_to_Modify\2.3.x.x\admin but it just gives me a blank page in the admin. I edited these pieces of code in my existing one:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
    switch ($action) {
      case 'save':
        while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

if( is_array( $value ) ){
          $value = implode( ", ", $value);
 $value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
   }

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
        }
        tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
        break;
      case 'install':
      case 'remove':

I already had the code so did not need to add anything? The instructions said to skip it

Added the extra piece of code here

if (isset($mInfo->signature) && (list($scode, $smodule, $sversion, $soscversion) = explode('|', $mInfo->signature))) {
          $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . ' <b>' . TEXT_INFO_VERSION . '</b> ' . $sversion . ' (<a href="http://sig.oscommerce.com/' . $mInfo->signature . '" target="_blank">' . TEXT_INFO_ONLINE_STATUS . '</a>)');
        }

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $mInfo->description);
        // USPS START
//        $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $keys);
        $contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . preg_replace(array('/RM/', '/TM/', '/International/', '/Envelope/'), array('®', '™', 'Intl', 'Env'), $keys));
// USPS END
      } else {
        $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $mInfo->code . '&action=install') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_module_install.gif', IMAGE_MODULE_INSTALL) . '</a>');

Thanks so much for your help!

That is not the correct code for this addon. Again, this USPS addon is here: USPS Methods Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 - 01-27-13 Update. If you are using a different addon, you will need to ask for help in the support thread for that addon.

Regards

Jim

Hi - this is the add on I installed.. the only thing different is that I read the readme.txt that comes with it, and modified the existing modules.php file, as the one supplied makes the /modules.php?set=shipping page blank in admin :(

Sorry for hassle

The readme.txt file appears to be obsolete. However, the supplied file should work. I suggest that you compare your file to the one supplied and make the appropriate changes. Use a comparison program such as Meld, Winmerge, etc. and look for the changes with USPS comment tags.

Regards

Jim

Are the extra services working in this module?  

I have "insurance" set to "S," for international, but it's not showing up on the shipping selection, and the cost definitely does not reflect insurance.

Handling is 2.00, Shipping cost (US to Thailand) is 49.74, insurance on the valuation was 15.10.  Price shown to customer is 51.74.

Would it be possible to include a feature where, if the customer entered an invalid ZIP code (a typo, for example), the module would display that it was not a valid ZIP code? Right now, while I'm sure that the USPS returns an error code in the XML reply, the module just doesn't display anything at all, leaving the customer to have to guess why there are no shipping quotes.

Malcolm

The USPS error messages are not always helpful, so they should usually not be shown. You could extract the error message from the response and show something useful to the customer. Try setting debug to true in the admin interface and run a test order using an invalid zip. That will give you an idea of what the USPS sends back.

There is also an address validation API that checks the zip code, as well as other parts of the address. I don't recall ever seeing a module for osCommerce that uses that API.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

can you confirm the functionality of the extra services in this module?

Are the extra services working in this module?  

I have "insurance" set to "S," for international, but it's not showing up on the shipping selection, and the cost definitely does not reflect insurance.

Handling is 2.00, Shipping cost (US to Thailand) is 49.74, insurance on the valuation was 15.10.  Price shown to customer is 51.74.

@@Supertex  Some of them are known to work. I haven't done extensive testing, as I only do what a client asks me to do. I didn't write this code; I only do repairs and updates. So no, I can't confirm that they all work.

As for insurance, I vaguely remember testing that a couple of years ago, and it worked then. I don't remember any changes since then, but the USPS sometimes makes changes and doesn't tell us, so there's no way to be certain.

I just ran a quote for a shipment to Canada from my test store and it did not add anything for insurance. It looks like it's not working.

Regards

Jim