• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

I'm seeing First-Class Package International Service on my test site, so check your settings. I'm using 80112 as the store zip code if that helps.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@kymation I changed the product weight and it's showing the First-Class Package International Service. rates now .. It was set to 8 lbs. 

Found my answer in 2 clicks.. 

NoteSend anything up to 4 lbs

https://www.usps.com/business/first-class-package-international-service.htm

Many Thanks Jim! 

Edited by opus_uno2001

I've updated the Addons area with the latest changes. This only affects international in certain cases, so upgrade only if you do international shipping with this module. No need to reinstall; just replace the module file.

Regards

Jim

I have tried repeatedly to download USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 from Oscommerce Add-On site but each time I do so, it downloads in another language (Chinese?) other than English.  I cannot see anything that is wrong on my computer language settings, no virus', and am very frustrated.  Do you have a clue what is going on?  I hope that I am not in the wrong forum, but could not find any other place to respond.  Thank you for any help.

@@rsande  There is no other language in the download (it's English only) so the problem is on your computer. Download and install a different program to open the archive. I recommend 7zip, but there are others that will work as well.

Regards

Jim

Is it possible to add the insured amount, like in the parentheses and approximate delivery time to the quotes? The previous add-on (USPS Methods) that I used showed something like this:

United States Postal Service (Express Mail®
---Insured for $30
---Approx. delivery time from mailing date: 1 day):

Thanks!

Yes, it's possible, but you will have to modify the code to display that. The clean_services() method returns a DeliveryDays field that may be used to calculate the delivery time where the USPS returns a value for it. You will have to calculate that yourself for the services where it is not provided by the USPS.

Regards

Jim

Hi and help...

Using osC 2.3.3  and installed USPS Rate V4.  Right column asks for Enter the USPS User ID

I have entered the user name provided.

#1.Is this the same as the USPS User ID ?

#2.Where is the password field?  The module is not loading it.

#3.   USPS instructs me to change the following code below.  In what file is the following code located?  I have looked extensively in the new files and amin/module and cannot find the incidence of API=DelivConfirmCertifyV4 to change?  

from USPS

If you are developing your application, you will need to make the following changes to your code:

1) The name of the API must be changed to "DeliveryConfirmationV4".

Example:  "API=DelivConfirmCertifyV4" should now read "API=DeliveryConfirmationV4"

2) The topmost XML element must be changed to "DeliveryConfirmationV4.0Request"

Example:

<DelivConfirmCertifyV4Request USERID="USERIDHERE" PASSWORD="PASSWORDHERE"> .....

</DelivConfirmCertifyV4Request>

should now read

<DeliveryConfirmationV4.0Request USERID="USERIDHERE" PASSWORD="PASSWORDHERE"> .....

</DeliveryConfirmationV4.0Request>

#4.  Making a trial order USPS sends back:  

Request:
API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="961MADSO0110"><Revision>2</Revision></RateV4Request>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Number>-2147221202</Number><Source>Common:XmlParse</Source><Description>The element 'RateV4Request' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'RateClientType, Package'.</Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error>

Errors:

Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thanks, Michael Madson

1. No, this is the USPS Web API username.

2. The password is not required to access the Rates API.

3. That's for a different API. This module doesn't use that API.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for your response.

The production server is live with USPS and hooked up to Username 961MADSO0110.

The response I get back is:  <Error><Number>-2147221202</Number><Source>Common:XmlParse</Source><Description>The element 'RateV4Request' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'RateClientType, Package'.</Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error> 

I have a weight on 1 pound and a correct zip code.  RateClientType, Package description?   What else must be sent ?  Is there something missing in my store ?  Is there something to add to the SQL data base?   I have tried using different browsers, deleting and reinstalling.  Baffled !!!!! Something simple but what ?

For now, I am using flat rate shipping.  

Michael

...................................................................................

When I use my USPS account name Madsonship: the following is returned.

Request:
API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="Madsonship"><Revision>2</Revision></RateV4Request>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Number>80040B1A</Number><Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description><Source>USPSCOM::DoAuth</Source></Error>

Errors:

Jim,

Adding the sever API addresses - bottom right...  some progress perhaps...?

the following is now returned.

Request:

API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="961MADSO0110"><Revision>2</Revision></RateV4Request>

Response:  Errors:

On the phone with USPS = no help,. 

What server API addresses where? The URL for USPS is coded into the module.

The request you are sending is essentially blank. I don't see how you are doing that. Try uploading the module again, and this time force ASCII mode.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I am having these two issues. I am running the 2.3.4 version of osCommerce and I'm using USPS osCommerce 7.3.1

Issue 1 is when customers try and select a shipping option.

post-321293-0-90049900-1413323238_thumb.jpg

Issue 2 is when they try to finish checking out.

post-321293-0-88903300-1413323313_thumb.jpg

The store address is correctly filled out at the form located at Admin >> Configuration >> My Store

As is the Correct Zip code at Admin >> Configuration >> Shipping/Packaging

I have been running into this issue for awhile along with a few others, those seem to have been resolved all except these two. Here are links to previous threads to show what has been suggest and tried already.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398138-customer-log-in-issue/

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398194-problem-at-check-out/

I don't know what "USPS osCommerce 7.3.1" is, but it has nothing to do with this addon. To verify that you are using the correct module, open includes/modules/shipping/usps.php and look for this at the top of the file:

/*
USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2
  $Mod: Changed from Parcel Post to Standard Post 20130129 Kymation $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20130729 Kymation v 1.3 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140310 a.forever $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140802 a.forever $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140823 Kymation v 1.4 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140907 Kymation & a.forever v 1.5 $

Copyright (c) 2012 osCbyJetta
Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Version 7.3.1
        @@author: Evan Roberts ([email protected])
        @Notes: https://github.com/Evan-R/USPS-osCommerce/releases
        @@licensed2kill: https://github.com/Evan-R/USPS-osCommerce/blob/master/LICENSE
        @@support: https://github.com/Evan-R/USPS-osCommerce/issues

Legacy / Historical Information:
        $Id: usps.php 6.3 by Kevin L Shelton on August 15, 2013
        +++++ Original contribution by Brad Waite and Fritz Clapp ++++
        ++++ Revisions and Modifications made by Greg Deeth, 2008 ++++
        Copyright 2008 osCommerce
        Released under the GNU General Public License
        //VERSION: 5.2.1 ALPHA LAST UPDATED: January 23rd, 2011 by Fulluv Scents

@@naschell81

Tested the module as I had server problems

the version 7.3.1  seems to work fine

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487

so it is back to your problem with the missing order total module I do not see how this is related to USPS

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@joli1811

I was thinking they might be linked since both happened once I did the update and install of the new module

@@kymation

Thanks for trying at least.

This is just driving me absolutely crazy. It worked perfectly fine till i went from 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4. Now it is just one thing after another. If I knew for sure I wouldn't loose my product database and pages I'd just uninstall it and do a clean install/

yes and to isolate the USPS just turn to false turn on cash on delivery to debug the order total did you remember the database update ???

May not be related though.

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones ', 'SHIPPING_ALLOW_UNDEFINED_ZONES', 'False', 'Should orders be allowed to shipping addresses not matching defined shipping module shipping zones?', '7', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now());

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Part of the upgrade involved adding a configuration value to the database. What @@joli1811 posted is the SQL code to run on your database to make this change. I don't think that is what is causing your problem, but it does need to be done.

Regards

Jim