• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

Although this thread is vast, I did manage to learn I had the wrong version installed. I upgraded versions and it has removed the "missing value for service" error. Now that I have upgraded, I cannot save the settings. Because of this, this method of shipping is not an available option.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you correct it?

Also, when I received my confirmation that I was on the live production server, I received this.

Your profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Server.

1. The Production Server URL is:
. For APIs calling the secure server, the URL is

2. There is a line of code that refers to "shippingapitest.dll". You'll need to remove the word "test".

I am a bit confused over #2. Where is this code? In the USPS.php or even a file on my side or is there a URL that I need to log into on the USPS side to change this value?

Did you uninstall and reinstall the module? Try that first.

There is no code change needed. This module only works with the live server, so it's already coded that way.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

heheh and Jim often forgets to remind: check your DB if you know how for left over entries after you remove the old version.. some are leaving droppings that mess with the new...

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Did you uninstall and reinstall the module? Try that first.

There is no code change needed. This module only works with the live server, so it's already coded that way.

Regards

Jim

Tried that. Here are the results. When I first went to configure my user id and such, it auto-populated the weights into the various mail types. I checked the boxes of the services I will provide and saved. When I added something to the cart and tried to check out, the option was not available. When I went back to re-check my configuration settings, the weights had disappeared and nothing I set will save.

heheh and Jim often forgets to remind: check your DB if you know how for left over entries after you remove the old version.. some are leaving droppings that mess with the new...

Ok, I have been saving my DB like crazy during the design changes so I do have one that I can restore that was prior to the changes. Will that work?

you need to search the configuration table for anything containing usps . while the module is in the "removed/deleted" state, if there is any entries in that table related to USPS they should simply be deleted, then try your reinstall again.. I might reupload the modules/shipping.usps.php once more also before installing

Debbie D

there is a table in your database that is called"configuration, within that is where the data for the modules (among MANY other things) are stored:

-- Table structure for table `configuration`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `configuration` (
`configuration_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`configuration_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`configuration_key` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`configuration_value` text NOT NULL,
`configuration_description` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`configuration_group_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`sort_order` int(5) DEFAULT NULL,
`last_modified` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
`date_added` datetime NOT NULL,
`use_function` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`set_function` text,
PRIMARY KEY (`configuration_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2032 ;

a few of the entries look like this:

(70, 'Installed Modules', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED', 'usps.php', 'List of shipping module filenames separated by a semi-colon. This is automatically updated. No need to edit. (Example: ups.php;flat.php;item.php)', 6, 0, '2013-11-20 11:24:47', '2013-06-19 13:55:23', NULL, NULL),

(2031, 'Show Weights', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_WEIGHTS', 'False', 'Displays the package weight on the quotes.', 6, 0, NULL, '2013-11-20 11:24:47', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''), '),
(2030, 'Show International Regulations:', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_REGULATIONS', 'True', 'Displays international regulations and customs information.', 6, 0, NULL, '2013-11-20 11:24:47', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''), '),
(2029, 'Rates Sort Order:', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATE_SORTER', 'Ascending', 'Ascending: Low to High<br>Descending: High to Low', 6, 0, NULL, '2013-11-20 11:24:47', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''Ascending'', ''Descending''), '),

you need to search that table within your database for those entries AFTER you have removed the module. If there are ANY entries in the CONFIGURATION table they should be deleted before reinstalling the module

Does that make it clear as mud now?

Edited by wkdwich

Debbie D

I found nothing in the "installed modules" area of the sql indicating the USPS installation however further into the code I did fine what is used for the configuration settings within the newest module of...

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('357', 'Enable USPS Shipping', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer USPS shipping?', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('358', 'Enter the USPS User ID', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_USERID', '750AQUAR4743', 'Enter the USPS USERID assigned to you. <u>You must contact USPS to have them switch you to the Production server.</u> Otherwise this module will not work!', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, NULL);

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('359', 'Connection Method', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_CONNECT_METHOD', 'curl', 'Which method should be used to connect to the USPS rates API?', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'curl\', \'http_client class\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('360', 'Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, NULL);

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('361', 'Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('362', 'Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('363', 'Display Options', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_OPTIONS', 'Array', 'Select display options', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_select_multioption(array(\'Display Weight\', \'Display Transit Time\', \'Display Insurance\', \'Display Sig./Del. Confirmation\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('364', 'Package Size Over 60 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_OVER60', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight exceeds 60 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('365', 'Package Size 50 - 60 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_OVER50', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight is between 50 and 60 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('366', 'Package Size 40 - 50 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_OVER40', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight is between 40 and 50 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('367', 'Package Size 30 - 40 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_OVER30', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight is between 30 and 40 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('368', 'Package Size 20 - 30 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_OVER20', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight is between 20 and 30 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('369', 'Package Size 10 - 20 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_OVER10', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight is between 10 and 20 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('370', 'Package Size 5 - 10 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_OVER5', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight is between 5 and 10 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('371', 'Package Size Up To 5 Pounds', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PKG_SIZE_LESS5', 'Array', 'Typical package dimensions in inches required by USPS for rates when package weight is up to 5 pounds', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Height\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('372', 'Domestic Shipping Methods', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_TYPES', 'Array', 'Select the domestic services to be offered:', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_select_multioption(array(\'First-Class Mail\', \'First-Class Mail Large Envelope\', \'First-Class Mail Large Postcards\', \'First-Class Mail Letter\', \'First-Class Mail Parcel\', \'First-Class Mail Postcards\', \'First-Class Package Service\', \'First-Class Package Service Hold For Pickup\', \'Library Mail\', \'Media Mail\', \'Priority Mail\', \'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Boxes\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Padded Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Boxes\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Padded Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Standard Post\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('373', 'Domestic Types Have Changed', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_TYPE_CHANGE_DETECTED', 'False', 'Automatically set by this module to True if the USPS returns a response not listed in the domestic types array.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('374', 'Domestic Flat Handling Fees', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_HANDLING', 'Array', 'Add a different handling fee for each shipping type.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'First-Class Mail\', \'First-Class Mail Large Envelope\', \'First-Class Mail Large Postcards\', \'First-Class Mail Letter\', \'First-Class Mail Parcel\', \'First-Class Mail Postcards\', \'First-Class Package Service\', \'First-Class Package Service Hold For Pickup\', \'Library Mail\', \'Media Mail\', \'Priority Mail\', \'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C\', \'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Boxes\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Padded Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Boxes\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail Express Sunday/Holiday Delivery Padded Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Standard Post\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('375', 'Domestic Rates', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_RATE', 'Retail', 'Charge retail pricing or internet pricing?', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Retail\', \'Internet\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('376', 'Domestic Delivery Confirmation', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMST_DEL_CONF', 'True', 'Automatically charge Delivery Confirmation when available? Note: Signature Confirmation will override this if it is selected.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('377', 'Domestic Signature Confirmation', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMST_SIG_CONF', 'True', 'Automatically charge Signature Confirmation when available and order total exceeds threshold?', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('378', 'Signature Confirmation Threshold', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SIG_THRESH', '100', 'Order total required before Signature Confirmation is triggered?', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, NULL);

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('379', 'Domestic Insurance', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_INSURANCE_OPTION', 'True', 'Use USPS Calculated Domestic Insurance?', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('380', 'Maximum Domestic Insurance Amount', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_INSURANCE_MAX', '5000', 'Enter the maximum package value that the USPS allows for domestic insurance.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, NULL);

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('381', 'Maximum Online Domestic Insurance', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_INSURANCE_MAX_ONLINE', '5000', 'Enter the maximum package value that the USPS allows for domestic insurance when using internet shipping.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, NULL);

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('382', 'First Class Letter Maximums', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_FIRSTCLASS_LETTER', 'Array', 'Enter the maximum dimensions in inches and weight in ounces for a standard First Class letter.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Thickness\', \'Ounces\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('383', 'First Class Large Letter Maximums', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_FIRSTCLASS_LRGLTR', 'Array', 'Enter the maximum dimensions in inches and weight in ounces for a standard First Class large letter.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Length\', \'Width\', \'Thickness\', \'Ounces\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('384', 'First Class Parcel Maximum', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMSTC_FIRSTCLASS_PARCEL', '13', 'Enter the maximum weight in ounces for a standard First Class parcel.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, NULL);

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('385', 'International Shipping Methods', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_TYPES', 'Array', 'Select the international services to be offered:', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_select_multioption(array(\'Priority Mail Express International\', \'Priority Mail International\', \'Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)**\', \'Global Express Guaranteed Document\', \'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular\', \'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular\', \'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box\', \'USPS GXG Envelopes**\', \'First-Class Mail International Letter**\', \'First-Class Mail International Large Envelope**\', \'First-Class Package International Service**\', \'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box**\', \'Priority Mail Express International Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail International Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Window Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'First-Class Mail International Postcard\', \'Priority Mail International Legal Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International DVD Flat Rate priced box**\', \'Priority Mail International Large Video Flat Rate priced box**\', \'Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes\', \'Priority Mail Express International Padded Flat Rate Envelope\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('386', 'International Types Have Changed', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_TYPE_CHANGE_DETECTED', 'False', 'Automatically set by this module to True if the USPS returns a response not listed in the international types array.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('387', 'International Flat Handling Fees', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_HANDLING', 'Array', 'Add a different handling fee for each shipping type.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'usps_cfg_multiinput_list(array(\'Priority Mail Express International\', \'Priority Mail International\', \'Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)**\', \'Global Express Guaranteed Document\', \'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular\', \'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular\', \'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box\', \'USPS GXG Envelopes**\', \'First-Class Mail International Letter**\', \'First-Class Mail International Large Envelope**\', \'First-Class Package International Service**\', \'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box**\', \'Priority Mail Express International Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority Mail International Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Window Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'First-Class Mail International Postcard\', \'Priority Mail International Legal Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority Mail International DVD Flat Rate priced box**\', \'Priority Mail International Large Video Flat Rate priced box**\', \'Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes\', \'Priority Mail Express International Padded Flat Rate Envelope\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('388', 'International Rates', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_RATE', 'Retail', 'Charge retail pricing or internet pricing? (Note: If set to internet and internet pricing is not available retail rate will be returned.)', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Retail\', \'Internet\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('389', 'International Insurance', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_INSURANCE_OPTION', 'True', 'Use USPS calculated international insurance?', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('390', 'Maximum Online International Insurance', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_INSURANCE_MAX_ONLINE', '500', 'Enter the maximum package value that the USPS allows for international insurance when using internet shipping.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, NULL);

insert into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('391', 'Non USPS Insurance - Domestic and international', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_NON_USPS_INSURE', 'False', 'Would you like to charge insurance for packages independent of USPS, i.e, merchant provided, Stamps.com, Endicia? If used in conjunction with USPS calculated insurance, the higher of the two will apply.', '6', '0', NULL, '2013-12-18 12:16:58', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ');

Is this safe to remove?

No. Look in your database, not in the files. Find the database section of your host's control panel. It will usually contain a link to phpMyAdmin, where you can find the configuration table.

Regards

Jim

Ok, here is what I have done. I uninstalled the module and went back to the stock USPS.php. I restored an old database backup, prior to the shipping changes. That should have eliminated any random code from a previous install, I thought but to be sure, I went to my phpMyAdmin and checked the configuration area for any random code that was left. There was none.

I installed a fresh copy of the module. Now I can get a message that there is only 1 shipping method (I eliminated all the other shipping modules in my store to avoid confusion on the cart side) however it does not show the shipping method nor any shipping charges.

http://aquarian-artisan-bath-body.com/catalog

That's the installed SQL. You need to search for anything containing the string USPS as there could be extra entries in your database.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

In your Admin, go to Tools >> Server Info. Find the versions of PHP and MySQL and post them here.

Regards

Jim

There is a lot of information on that page but here is what I believe you were looking for.

[oscommerce]

version = 2.3.3.4

[system]

date = 2013-12-21 16:13:29 -0600 CST

os = Linux

kernel =

uptime =

http_server = Apache

[mysql]

version = 5.5.34-cll

date = 2013-12-21 17:13:29

version = 5.3.27

zend = 2.3.0

sapi = apache2handler

int_size = 8

safe_mode = 0

open_basedir = 0

memory_limit = 128M

error_reporting = 30711

display_errors = 1

allow_url_fopen = 1

allow_url_include = 0

file_uploads = 1

upload_max_filesize = 128M

post_max_size = 8M

disable_functions = symlink,shell_exec,exec,proc_close,proc_open,popen,system,dl,passthru,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,show_source

disable_classes =

enable_dl = 0

magic_quotes_gpc = 0

register_globals = 0

filter.default = unsafe_raw

zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = 0

unicode.semantics = 0

zend_thread_safty = 0

extensions = Core,date,ereg,libxml,openssl,pcre,sqlite3,zlib,bcmath,bz2,calendar,ctype,curl,dom,hash,filter,ftp,gd,gettext,SPL,iconv,session,json,mbstring,mcrypt,mysql,mysqli,pspell,Reflection,standard,imap,SimpleXML,soap,sockets,exif,tidy,tokenizer,wddx,xml,xmlreader,xmlrpc,xmlwriter,xsl,zip,apache2handler,PDO,pdo_sqlite,SQLite,pdo_mysql,ionCube Loader,Zend Guard Loader

I might also add that after re-installing I am having the same problem of my configuration settings not saving and it saying there is only 1 shipping method on the cart-side but not displaying what that shipping method is nor the cost selections.

Edited by L. Haase

I don't see anything there that would cause a problem with this module. Unfortunately it's hard to tell with something like this.

Check your PHP error log for related errors. Ask your host where that is if you don't know.

Regards

Jim

Is anyone else having a problem with this module not returning the Small Priority International Flat Rate Box?

I also noticed, that even with the "International Regulations" set to NO, the regs are still retrieved via the API call. The regs are not displayed, so the only problem is the additional bandwidth used on each query.

We installed USPS Methods Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 - R3.1 (December 14th release) because the older version went down, I assume due to changes made by the Postal Service.

This fixed the problems for Domestic (US) and appeared to fix the problem for International (Shipping internationally from the US.)

What we subsequently discovered is that for international orders, the international small priority mail box is not offered to our customers when it should be. Shipping domestically, to destinations within the US offers the small priority mail box correctly.

We found this workaround: we are using the Priority Mail unpadded International envelope instead of the small box. It appears that the price is the same for both the box and the envelope, so it does price the shipping correctly. (This only works because we have "rigged" the weights and measurements of products in our catalog so that when the shipment will not fit in a small flat rate box, it switches to priority mail with our own packaging.)

I'm looking for some clues as to why the Small Priority International Flat Rate Box is not being displayed when it should be.

Thanks.

Find this line in the module file

// mail( STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, STORE_OWNER, $mail_body );

Uncomment it and run a test order to an international address. Check the email for error messages and/or returned quotes for the service you are missing. Make sure that service is enabled first.

Regards

Jim

VERY IMPORTANT. I found the problem I described above.

The module comes hard coded with dimensions that exceed the dimensions of a small priority mail box.

Before the most recent USPS update (which required the December 14th update to this module), the API ignored the dimensions and returned the small priority mail box for box domestic and international pricing.

After the USPS update, the API ignores the dimensions and returns the small priority mail box for domestic pricing, but on international pricing, the API uses the dimensions and will not return the small priority mail box.

SO, for the module to work correctly, with the dimensions in the API call in usps.php must be small enough to fit in a small box, or you will not get pricing for a small international box.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor bug swat:

On line 101 of the MVS version of usps.php, the space between the ' and MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_SERVICES_ constant needs to be removed or it generates a warning that the constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_SERVICES_1 can't be found.

Also need help with this warning: Warning: Illegal string offset 'ServiceName' in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\vendors_shipping\usps.php on line 149

this is line 149:

if (isset ($iExtras[$val['ServiceName']]) && tep_not_null($iExtras[$val['ServiceName']]) && ((constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATE_TYPE_' . $vendors_id) == 'Online' && $val['AvailableOnline'] == 'True') || (constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATE_TYPE_' . $vendors_id) == 'Retail' && $val['Available'] == 'True'))) {

This only happens on international quotes, whether or not there are any service extras enabled, which is interesting as line 141 is virtually the same code as above ($dExtras instead of $iExtras) but doesn't generate the same warning.

Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed that in the master copy.

The second one is PHP being excessively picky. It should not return an error for that test. You could try something like this:

if (array_key_exists ('ServiceName', $iExtras[$val]) && tep_not_null($iExtras[$val['ServiceName']]) && ((constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATE_TYPE_' . $vendors_id) == 'Online' && $val['AvailableOnline'] == 'True') || (constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATE_TYPE_' . $vendors_id) == 'Retail' && $val['Available'] == 'True'))) {

Regards

Jim