• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

Same here. production.shippingapis.com is down. Since about 1:40 CST. Haven't been able to find anyone else talking about it. Anyone? Echo?

I'm turning off USPS for now. Argh.

J

hi just started to have this error tonight after doing some test checkouts that were working....

when i click to checkout, the page just loads then refreshes with no pricing for shipping. at the top of the checkout_shipping.php page it shows:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to production.shippingapis.com:80 (Connection timed out) in /home/SITE/public_html/includes/classes/http_client.php on line 330

and it says

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

but nothing is there....is the usps server down for maintenance or something? does this happen often? thanks

0800 EDST here, just ran a test order. The module worked correctly for me.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hi

I'm running an older version of osCommerce v2.2 and have installed the Ratev4 application with the new usps files and I've modified the two admin files as well as added the addition to the application_top file. I get all the rates and everything in the back end in the usps shipping module but when I go to check out the USPS shipping choices don't show up in checkout. I uncommented the email line in usps.php so that I would receive any debug messages. Here's what I keep getting:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Error><Number>-2147219085</Number><Source>Rate_Respond.;SOLServerRates.RateV4_Respond</Source><Description>Invalid XML Element content is incomplete according to the DTD/Schema.

line= 0 pos= 1668</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

What can the problem be??

I appeciate any help Jetta or anyone who has solved this problem can give me.

Thanks!

Russ

I installed the files on one site and all works perfectly. I installed on an osCommerce 2.2 on another server and all works ok EXCEPT that the shipping amount does not carry over into the payment screen. It shows up ok after customer login ( we are using just USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation ) but once the payment details are entered and you click procede, the shipping disappears from the shopping cart. What can the problem be? I uninstalled the USPS module, deleted all of the files, reinstalled the files again and re-enabled the USPS module in admin. All looks good in admin except shipping disappears in the payment page. PLEASE HELP! This is driving me crazy:)

Hi Jetta

As to the problem posted above ( shipping pricing not showing up in shopping cart after entering payment information ) I did a test order and received an email receipt. In the receipt I was charged the shipping price that showed after I added the item to my shopping cart. So even though USPS shipping does not show up in checkout after choosing a payment option and entering payment data, it actually charges the correct amount to the purchaser. Strange! Shipping shows up before payment, disappears on payment checkout and appears in the customer receipt email! Totally confused about this. Have you run into this problem before? Thanks for your help!

I realize it must be me because I see so many who have gotten this mod to work. That being said, I have tried to install the mod a few times now and get errors each time.

I have just installed a fresh oscommerce and have not started config as of yet.

What do I need to do to get this mod to work so I can use usps for all shipping options?

Thank you in advance, , ,,

John.

Hello all,

I've posted in a different thread, but I'm running a Oscommerce v2.2 rc2 and during checkout, it won't go past the "Delivery Information" stage. I gather this is related to the API change from the USPS. So, here's what I tried.

1. Download USPS Methods 6_1a

2. Replace the requisite files

3. Copy-paste code in the modules.php file, and then...

4. My modules.php file doesn't match the modules.php file in USPS Methods 6_1a

-- The lines of code are similar but not in the same order

Help?

Regards,

ND

Hello Jetta,

Thanks for the contribution! So many nightmares with 2.2 RC2 and Rate V4 I don't know where to begin.

I installed your contribution.

I got to the fourth part, Configure settings from admin panel.

When I got into admin -> modules -> Shipping Modules and click on EDIT I get this error:

---------------

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_usps_services() in /home/candleli/public_html/store/admin/modules.php(341) : eval()'d code on line 1

---------------

Any idea what might be causing the error?

I have yet to proceed to the application_top.php, general.php and modules.php edits.

Best,

Chris

Ok, I have tried this yet again. here is the error I get after upload and install.

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/languages/english.php on line 248

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/languages/english.php:248) in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/functions/general.php on line 45

Ideas?

More errors upon login since the upgrade.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/languages/english.php:248) in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/languages/english.php:248) in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

@@John_M

First error: If you don't have this code in includes/functions/compatibility.php, add it:

// set default timezone if none exists (PHP 5.3 throws an E_WARNING)
 if ((strlen(ini_get('date.timezone')) < 1) && function_exists('date_default_timezone_set')) {
   date_default_timezone_set(@[member='date']_default_timezone_get());
 }

Second error: Whitespace after the ?> in /includes/languages/english.php.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim, that cleared up the errors.

However, it gives another one,, ,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/languages/english.php on line 23

??

The error says you have a [ on line 28 of /includes/languages/english.php that shouldn't be there. The most likely cause is a ' (that's an apostrophe) that was not escaped (like this: \').

Regards

Jim

@@jim

I removed the [ and a new string of errors started. Looking for the ' now, thanks.

edit:

several ' in the code you gave me (used as quotations), but nothing that looks out of place.

Then again, my php is not that great.

Ideas?

Edited by John_M

Single quotes ' or double quotes " are used in PHP as delimiters. They tell PHP when the text string starts and when it stops. If you have one in the middle of a string, whether used as an apostrophe or as a quote, the code thinks that\'s where the string ends, and then gets confused when there\'s more text after that. That\'s why you need to escape any quotes that match the delimiters.

Regards

Jim

Like I said, my php leaves a bit to be desired. Since I am assuming the code snip is correct, what is the most likely problem in that file?

Also, I am assuming that it does not matter where I put the code so long as it is after a ; ?

It looks like it is going to work, as soon as I figure out how to configure for the usps flat rate weights and measurements.

It seems that the new application_top.php file does not play well with others?