• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't load admin panel

davies89

Hi there,

Very new to all this so you will have to bare with me, i have just succesfully installed the oscommerce merchant and when trying to login to the admin panel i am putting

mydomain.com/catalog/admin

But the panel doesn't load up its just the standard webpage cannot be found. the store loads up fine but however i cannot edit it so its just the standard template one.

Can anyone help?

@@davies89,

Did you install osCommerce into the /catalog directory ? By default, osCommerce is not installed into a sub-directory.

If the path actually is mydomain.com/catalog/admin/ then make sure the /admin/includes/configure.php file is set up correctly.

Chris

@@davies89,

Does your website load using mydomain.com/catalog/ ?

You can check the set up of the /admin/includes/configure.php file by downloading it, open it with a text editor and check to ensure the path is correct.

Chris

yes the website does load with just the catalog path but when adding admin to the end it doesnt i can go into file manager from cpanel to edit the path but i'm not sure what it should look like at the moment its

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

Which i think is right i havnt edited it at all so this is what its been like from installation

I'm probably newer at this than you but I had the same situation and because of the way the host set up the installation I have to use mydomain.com/oscommerce/catalog/admin.

Richard,

You more than likely used a One Click installer from your hosting provider. That is the only occurence I have come across where the path is set like that.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Is that a good thing or a bad thing or does it matter either way? Will this setup cause security issues?

It has been quite a while since I've done any web scripting and most of what I know is quite outdated. Going the DIY route because after a few web designers I still cant do what I wanted to do from the start. I had chosen osCom because it was the only cart that the merchant account could use without charging a fortune for a gateway.

Archived