• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

image does not exist message after loading product image

Virginia Trotta

my site is new and I am uploading my products with images. I am using the same digital camera, lighting conditions etc, keeping them under the image size limits. I have about 90 products added to the website now; ten of them show this error message. I have retaken the photos and added them to the website 2, 3,4 and even 6 times for a product. Out of the ten that give the error message,three showed up just fine; the others still have the 'image does not exist' message. What am I doing wrong. Your help is greatly appreciated. I am just an old grandmother trying to set up my website and sell some of my handcrafted gemstone jewelry. My site is: http://www.virginiasvirtualvintage.com.

I have tried using mozilla firefox instead of IE but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Virginia

Try renaming the images so the names do have spaces in them.

use only lower case letters or zero to nine and hyphens or underscore and shorten then

e.g instead of

IMGP2024-Blue Drusy Wire Wrapped Bead Ring.jpg

try

r_2024.jpg

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If you have lots of products

Easy Populate is a good add-on to install

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived