• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Paypal button with Paypal Standard instal

jerseyboy

I am using OSCommerce 2.3.1 with Paypal Website Standard Paymant option.

However, there is no Paypal button displayed on any of the web pages.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is?

I thought by installing paypal, the buttons would be displayed. Express checkout, if enabled, displays the button on the checkout screen.

Edited by jerseyboy

@@jerseyboy,

There is NEVER a PayPal button displayed on your product pages. The customer would add items to their cart, log in, and begin the checkout process which ends with the customer making payment on PayPals website.

Chris

Chris,

I understand your point, but I didn't make clear what I was trying to do.

I want all customer information to be added in paypal. No login on my site.

I just want to pass to paypal the items that have been selected on my website. I understood that I did not need to create a button for the link as this was part of the add-on.

As I said, there is already an express check-out button provided with the original install. Why is there not one for the Standard paypal install?

I'm probably missing the obvious, but I don't get it.

Thanks,

John

@@jerseyboy,

I want all customer information to be added in paypal. No login on my site.

Not possible. You COULD install the Purchase without Account add on, however it STILL requires all of the information that creating an account would require. In fact, with increasing PCI DSS compliance laws, the 'NO account' option found on some websites may soon become a thing of the past.

As I said, there is already an express check-out button provided with the original install. Why is there not one for the Standard paypal install?

I'm probably missing the obvious, but I don't get it.

The button for PayPal standard is the REGULAR checkout button found within osCommerce. The PayPal express checkout button also requires an account on your website, I am not sure why the button is any different than the regular checkout button, in fact usually disable the PayPal Express button on my websites to keep the checkout process uniformed.

Chris

• 11 months later...

Did you ever find a paypal express addon that automatically creates the account for the customer?

Nearly every website I buy stuff on using paypal completes that info for me and I find it hard to believe that there isnt one knocking around yet for osc. we get complaints from customers that they shouldnt have to fill in the create account form when buying stuff with paypal as paypal already has all that info

Cheers

Dave