• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Enhanced Contact Us for 2.3.1

Mort-lemur

This is the support thread for the Enhanced Contact Us modification for OSC 2.3.1

I take no credit for this modification, all I have done is take the Contact-Us page from the Anti-Hacker-account-Mods by Spooks and made it work on 2.3.1.

I hate looking at Contact Us Pages that only contain a web-based enquiry form, I like to know who and where the shop is. This change will provide a more professional look to the stock OSC Contact Us page, with enhanced functions.

What It does:

The Enhanced Contact Us page provides more information to the customer, such as Store Address, Telephone Number, Opening Hours, Anticipated Response Times Etc. (tailor these in the language files)

Also, if the customer is logged in to their account, it pre-populates their email address and allows them to select a previous order to enquire about from a drop-down box.

The email that is sent to the store contains the originators IP address, Date and time etc.

Easy Installation - 1 New File + 2 Language file additions.

Screen shot included.

Please feel free to Improve on this - but please only post Full Packages.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Please feel free to Improve on this - but please only post Full Packages.

Heather, thanks for tackling this update. Spooks did some great work on earlier versions of Osc and I have a lot of them on my 2.2 shops. The Spooks version of Contact Us add on for 2.3.1 was something I wanted to get to.

I installed and tested your version and it worked great with both a registered and non registered customer.

I made some changes to the catalog/contact_us.php file by scrubbing out some residuals from 2.2 coding. I did this using the post by Kymation. My preference is to do away with the Osc gifs such as table_background_contact_us.gif, pixel_trans.gif, etc. so I removed the coding that did that too. Lastly, to get a white background, (again my preference) I had to do some styleseet.css changes as well.

I don't plan to post anything until I let the shop sit for a little while and make sure no surprises came up because of these changes I made on top of what you did. I can only think the stylesheet change might give me some unexpected results but I don't think so. We'll see after a bit of watching how things go.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this. I know it took some time and effort on your behalf.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Updated version released (V1.1)

Contains code cleanup and removal of old images by Altoid

Also now has an optional recaptch element to protect from automated contact us spam mail - by Mort Lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hey Heather, again thank you for taking the initiative on this add on. Adding recaptha to contact us was yet another thing on my to do list and here ya go. Thanks for including that option. All works great. I really appreciate it.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hey Heather, again thank you for taking the initiative on this add on. Adding recaptha to contact us was yet another thing on my to do list and here ya go. Thanks for including that option. All works great. I really appreciate it.

Just was testing the recaptcha...that works in its own right, but something has effected the result in that the body of the received email no longer contains any of this info:

Message from:

Date Sent:

Telephone Number

Client Number:

At IP:

Inquiry:

The message itself shows but none of the above.

OK...the following is probably in the ball park for the solution to get all the info returned in the recaptcha version email. Still a bug there but this "mostly" works:

Around line 40 in the "recaptcha" version replace

if (tep_validate_email($email) && ($resp->is_valid)) {
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email);

with

$enquiry = MESSAGE_FROM . $name . "\n" . $date . "\n" . ($phone ? ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER .  $phone . "\n" : '' ) . ($customer_id ? MAIL_CLIENT_ID .  $customer_id . "\n" : '')  . ($orders_id ? MAIL_ORDER_ID .  $orders_id . "\n" : '') . "\n" . MAIL_IP . $xipaddress . '.' . "\n\n" . ENTRY_ENQUIRY . "\n" . $enquiry;
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email);

Still needs some work as the "subject" isn't showing.

Note my signature...not a professional coder, so that disclaimer is out there.

OK,

The fix for this is :

in catalog/contact_us.php find (around line 40)

Replace with:

$enquiry = MESSAGE_FROM . $name . "\n" . $date . "\n" . ($phone ? ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER .  $phone . "\n" : '' ) . ($customer_id ? MAIL_CLIENT_ID .  $customer_id . "\n" : '')  . ($orders_id ? MAIL_ORDER_ID .  $orders_id . "\n" : '') . "\n" . MAIL_IP . $xipaddress . '.' . "\n\n" . ENTRY_ENQUIRY . "\n" . $enquiry;
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $subject, $enquiry, $name, $email);

I have tested this several times and it works on my site.

I will post an update in due course.

My signature should read " I really dont have a clue what Im doing - Im just stumbling along"

Thanks

I have tested this several times and it works on my site.

Same here. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am trying to add my address and contact number on my contact us page and Iv tried to change it on includes/language/english/contact_us.php and nothing seems to happen.

Can someone please help

Hi,

This contribution plucks the address from the store address in Admin/configuration settings, just add your address and phone number there.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The contact us page is driven by catalog/stylesheet.css

Backup first then make changes to the colours called up in infobox lines until you get the result you need.

Maybe someone will update the contribution at sometime so that it works with the themeswitcher

Backup first then make changes to the colours called up in infobox lines until you get the result you need.

Those are? I did not find anything incompatible with the jQuery UI theme before, and din't have to mess with stylesheet.css. What exactly am I looking for in there?

OK this contribution is a quick and dirty fix of pat of a 2.2 modification to work with 2.3.1 - it is still table driven.

You need to modify the hex code in stylesheet css to add the hex code of the colours you require. the colour is controlled by this line:

.infoBox {
 background: #ffffff;
}

Ok, I love this upgrade to the site. However I have 2 issues right now.

1. I did this upgrade cause I am not receiving customer emails. After doing the upgrade, I am still not receiving any emails from anyone.

2. How do I get rid of the grey background. I would like to make the background transparent.

www.RonisRingsNThings.com if you want to see what I am talking about. I have not changed any of the wording or anything yet, but just want to get it working. Other than that, the site is fully up and running. Just realized I was not getting any emails. Please help.

The background is white on my screen (in Mozilla)

Check your email settings in admin-config are set to send emails

Edited by Mort-lemur

Checked, and it was set to True. Not sure why we are not receiving customer's emails from the site. Don't know how long this has been going on for. As I stated above, I downloaded this upgrade, but it didn't fix the issue. Plus the wife didn't like the grey background (which we use Mozilla also). She ended up wanting to go back to the original for now, till we can figure it all out.

@@Ninety-one Maro

Hi there, I see you've made some other posts regarding email problems. I'm not a coder (see my sig) but as a suggestion since you don't know when this started considering looking back to any mods you have made that may have effected email function in osC.

Somewhile ago I was having an email problem and had to do some digging through various threads here on osC to figure out where the problem may be. I think you'll find some threads dedicated to email problems.

Another thing to consider is that sometimes the emailing issue is due to your site host set up. I think this is mentioned in some of those threads.

Anyway...I wish I could point something more specific to help you out, but I'd start with basic email functionality issues first, get those resolved, then move onto email upgrades (such as the enhanced contact, etc.) and other email tweaks.

Good luck

Edited by altoid

Would anyone be able to point me to a contact_us for 2.2rc2a that actually works?

perhaps a 2.2 version of this fine mod?

every version in the add-ons I've been trying is broke or crappy...

Thank you!

-Dave

Thanks altoid. I thought about the mod thing, but I backup each individual file before installing a mod or anything else. Once I install the mod, if I don't like it, if it doesn't work or whatever, then I can easily replace the file.

As for the site host, I am running the server on a dedicated computer at my house right now. Nothing else on the computer but the site.

@@Ninety-one Maro

Try sending yourself an email via admin - tools - email this will determine if it is a general email problem or one just associated with contact us

@@Roaddoctor

Pm me with your email address and I will email you the 2.2 files - I have this running great on 2.2Rc2a

@@Ninety-one Maro

one other thought - the email you have set up as "send From" is a domain email? not a gmail / yahoo / hotmail etc?