• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

my OSsite has just lost access to admin, help plz

spantrout

I just installed Bulgarian on my OSsite and everything seemed to be working fine, then 15 mins later I get this when I try to access the OS admin

Warning: require(includes/languages/bulgarian.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb25a/b454/ipg.csdphotographycom/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/bulgarian.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb25a/b454/ipg.csdphotographycom/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

the site is online and functioning www.blackseanursery.com/index.php but i cannot get in to the control panel

any help appreciated, it's not nice being locked out of your own shop.

regards

I just installed Bulgarian on my OSsite

Have you installed Bulgarian also in the admin side?

That error says that you're trying to access admin in Bulgarian but it can't find the bulgarian.php file.

On a side note, your admin isn't protected, you should rename the folder for your security!!

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

I followed instruction from add-ons

downloaded files to comp, unpacked, then up loaded bgpack23/includes/languages (which is bulgarian folder and bulgarian php.) to server in directory/public/includes/languages as per instructions

all worked then stopped. spoke to hosting support, they advised delete browsing history cache, cookies which i did, then still had same problem. Re-booted system and access has been restored. So hopefully that's solved.

Protecting admin, can u give me an example of what u mean in terms of renaming what? (sorry novice with websites)

And one more question u may or may not be able to help with

I just installed Bulgerian language on my site, everything would appear to have worked fine except for one thing.

In the contact us / shipping / conditions / privacy section, I added an extra about us page yesterday and now when the site is in BG the link that shows is MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_ABOUT rather than About Us. My guess is that there no pre-made BG form for this (guessing) and therein lies the problem. Presumably If I made it in BG it would work, but unfortunately when i open any of the BG files all I can see (where I assume BG is written) is monkeys or gobbledegook if u prefer

like this -

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'У�лови� нa ползване');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'У�лови� нa ползване');

does anyone know how this problem can be resolved?

any help would be appreciated.

to view actual link www.blackseanursery.com/index.php

u may need to change the language on the site to BG to see it.

thanks in advance again

I followed instruction from add-ons

downloaded files to comp, unpacked, then up loaded bgpack23/includes/languages (which is bulgarian folder and bulgarian php.) to server in directory/public/includes/languages as per instructions

all worked then stopped. spoke to hosting support, they advised delete browsing history cache, cookies which i did, then still had same problem. Re-booted system and access has been restored. So hopefully that's solved.

I was wondering if you wanted Bulgarian in BOTH the front end (what customers see) and the back end (your admin). In the latter case, you would have the option to see your admin either in English or Bulgarian.

Protecting admin, can u give me an example of what u mean in terms of renaming what? (sorry novice with websites)

When you installed the oscommerce package you named your admin folder "admin", which is the first thing hackers go for, so it's a good idea to name the admin folder something not easily guessable.

I just installed Bulgerian language on my site, everything would appear to have worked fine except for one thing.

In the contact us / shipping / conditions / privacy section, I added an extra about us page yesterday and now when the site is in BG the link that shows is MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_ABOUT rather than About Us.

In includes/languages/bulgarian/modules/boxes/bm_information.php, have you added:

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_ABOUT_US', 'Your text here');

Hi Biancoblu

ok i'll deal with things in order

1) Only BG on front end, but obviously i need to populate pages with BG text so BG's can read it, right?, but when i open any php files all i see is monkeys where BG should be, see example above, how do u edit gobbledegook?

2)The admin folder. ok it's on the root, so /admin. I renamed that to plants (as a test), then opened the admin/includes/configure.php, changed the WS and FS lines to plants (changing only admin to plants in the code, using ftp client to open with dreamweaver, edit and save. (tried to edit configure.php on desktop and then upload, which was denied) hence why edited thru ftp or directly on the server). Cleared cache etc re-started and then tried www.blackseanursery.com/plants/ which got a 404 error message. Have replaced plants with admin again and was working for about 3 mins then started picking up error messages similar to my original post. Cleared cache again, re-booted and had access and have since also removed BG. So that's where I'm at now.

3) yes i placed that there, cos the about us page doesn't exist in the BG site (i created it yesterday on the english version), i though editing would be possible, but when u have monkeys like in my 1st reply to u it's impossible to know what ur editing, no?

Sorry if all this is easy, but to me it's a head wrecker :o))))

Hi Craig

I am nowhere near an expert and I didn't say it was easy, I was just trying to understand what you were trying to achieve because I had a similar problem happen to me where my browser settings were automatically trying to look for a french.php in admin even though I had never added french to admin.

1. it is not normal that you do not see the correct bulgarian characters in the php files. I have downloaded this BG pack and see it correctly http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8207

What package have you downloaded? what software do you use to edit your php files?

2. you also need to edit admin/includes/configure.php to reflect the changes:

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/new admin name/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/username/public_html/new admin name/');

3. I understand your problem with the BG characters, but regardless of that, a page must exist in the BG package and be defined in order for it to show.

Is doing the htaccess thru my hosting provider going to provide enough protection if i don't rename the admin file? Because if that's enough i'll try it that way.

Personally I wouldn't leave the admin like that, once people know the name of your admin (and they do know since they've read your posts), half of the hacker's job is done. Your admin is not htpasswd protected either.

Hi again,

It would appear i have downloaded the same package as u, on the add-on page listed under 29th October 2011, BG language pack 2.3

as for php editors, notepad, wordpad and dreaweaver. And having just checked them all, only monkeys with wordpad, so that's 1 problem solved.

Admin folder changes = admin changed to plants, admin (or plants now)/includes/configure.php changed to

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/plants/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/hermes/bosweb25a/b454/ipg.csdphotographycom/plants/');

result from browser for blackseanursery.com/plants/ was a 404error message

changed it back to admin for now and have applied htaccess, you are welcome to check

i have seen on other topics that other people have had / are having the same problem with the admin folder, but no real other answer than what you've said already

i'm very confused

regards

i have seen on other topics that other people have had / are having the same problem with the admin folder, but no real other answer than what you've said already

No real answers? I think that people do not read the answers.

I'm sorry but you got already the answer to your issue.

2. you also need to edit admin/includes/configure.php to reflect the changes:

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/new admin name/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/username/public_html/new admin name/');

Did you do this and still no result ?

hi multimixer

as explained in the post above yours

Admin folder changes = admin changed to plants, admin (or plants now)/includes/configure.php changed to

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/plants/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/hermes/bosweb25a/b454/ipg.csdphotographycom/plants/');

result from browser for blackseanursery.com/plants/ was a 404error message

Archived